Just not Helping

Aaliyah P.O.V.
Dad has been coming over a lot lately and mom and him just argue. I hate how they are arguing and just wish it would stop. Now, she just be looking in space and crying sometimes. My friend Saniya was having a party tonight and mom said I can go. I had drove to the party and went in. I then saw Saniya talking to this guy.

Aaliyah: Hey Saniya.

Saniya: Hey Liyah! Where's Lucas?

Aaliyah: Oh, I asked if he wanted to come, but he said he had to go to work.

Saniya: Ok, Liyah, this is Nick. I met him at church and he's a nice guy.

Aaliyah: Hey. *whispers to Saniya* Your dad is going to kill you. You know your a preacher's kid.

Saniya: So. My dad can't control my whole life. *drinks a shot*

Aaliyah: True *drinks some alcohol*

Saniya: So, you know Jacob gave me some coke right?  He said that's the new thing now.*sniffs some* You want some?

Aaliyah: No, I don't want to try that...

Saniya: It's not going to do any harm.

Nick: It won't really. Trust us.

Aaliyah P.O.V.
I know this stuff is bad for me, but I just want to calm my nerves down from all mom and dad's arguing. I had then took some and sniffed it. After that, I felt so energized. I could feel my heart rate going up. I snorted some more. It feels like I'm on top of the world.

Saniya: Aaliyah, you want some more?

Aaliyah: Hell yeah! *snorts 2 more lines*

Saniya: Savage bruh *laughs*

Aaliyah: I'm about to go now.

Saniya: Noooo, we're having a good time!

Aaliyah: I know, just give me some more cocaine.

Saniya: *gives her a little bag of it* Byeeeeee!!! *laughs*

Aaliyah: *gets the bag* Byeeee *smiles and stumbles out the house*

Aaliyah P.O.V.
I feel so damn alive now! I put the cocaine in the passenger seat and started to drive. My song was playing and I turned it up.

Aaliyah: Bitches be bad and boujee!!! *sings and drives faster* Ayeee *dabs and goes in the wrong lane* I'm just too hella lit. *laughs and runs into a car*

At Toni's House

Toni: Peyton, what are you doing?

Peyton: Just watching tv.

Toni: Do you and Tre still talk?

Peyton: Not really, just small talk. He goes with that girl that I got in a fight now...

Toni: Oh, it's going to be ok.

Peyton: It doesn't matter.  I just want to be lonely forever.

Toni: No, you don't...it may take time but you will find the perfect person for you.

Peyton: If you say so...

House Phone: *rings*

Toni: Peyton, can you go get the phone please.

Peyton: Ok. *gets the phone* It's for you. *gives the phone to Toni*

Toni: Hello? Yes, I'm her mother. Car accident?!?!? Yes, I'll be there. *hangs up* Come on Peyton. *gets her keys*

Peyton: What happened?

Toni: Liyah, was in a car accident. Come on! *gets in the car*

At the Hospital

Toni: *shakes her leg*

Police: Mam, are you Aaliyah's mom?

Toni: *gets up quickly* Yes sir.

Police: Well, she was driving home from a party, we found some cocaine in the car. She was in the wrong lane and ran into another car. *shows her a picture*

Toni: *covers her mouth and cries* Can you tell me if she's ok?

Police: I'm afraid I can't tell you. Only the doctors can.

Toni: Thanks...

Police: No problem. *leaves*

Toni: *puts her hands in her face*

Kenny: *comes in the hospital* Toni, is she ok?

Toni: I don't know, I don't know.

Kenny: What happened?

Toni: She had c-

Doctor: *comes in the waiting room* Are the parents of Aaliyah here?

Toni: Yes, we're here. *goes to the doctor* How is she?

Doctor: She's not doing good. She had overdosed on cocaine and we found a little bit of alcohol in her body. These 2 things doesn't mix very well. A normal heart rate for her age is around 100 beats per minute. Her heart rate is 130 beats per minute. *looks at clipboard*

Toni: Is she going to survive and can we check on her?

Doctor: You can't check on her yet. I'm afraid to say that we don't think she will survive. I'm sorry Mr. and Ms. Braxton...we will try our best...

Kenny: Thank you doctor...

Doctor: Your welcome. *goes back to the emergency room*

Toni: *whispers to herself* My child is going to die...and I can't do anything about it...*tears roll slowly from her eyes*

Kenny: Toni, we just have to pray...

Toni: No! I've been praying and praying, but things just keep getting worse! God isn't going to answer our damn payers Kenneth!

Kenny: Toni, don't say that.

Toni:Why shouldn't I? Life is getting harder and harder and I keep praying and praying, but my prayers aren't being answered.

Kenny: You have to be patient Toni.

Toni: I have already and I'm leaving. *gets up and leaves*

Kenny: *sighs and looks at Peyton*

Peyton: *crying*

Kenny: *holds her and whispers* Aaliyah will be ok Peyton. It's going to be ok. *cries a little and wipes her tears away*

Peyton: Ok...*sniffles*

Toni: I'm such a damn fuck up! *lays her head on the steering wheel crying*

Ugh, this chapter was so emotional for me to write. Got me in my feelings and stuff. Is Aaliyah going to live? Find out in the next chapter! Bye
-April J.😘