Thank You

Aaliyah P.O.V.
Today is my birthday and I honestly don't even care anymore. What am I going to do without Lucas? Why are things always happening to me? I'm trying my best to work harder but it just keeps failing in my fucking face. I had took my shower and put on my baggy sweatshirt and some sweatpants. I went downstairs and saw my favorite breakfast, pancakes with oreos. There was a note from mom and dad and it said that they were in the studio. My parents aren't even here to wish me a happy damn birthday. I saw Peyton watching tv laying on the couch.

Aaliyah: Hey Peyton.

Peyton: Hey Aaliyah. Happy birthday by the way.

Aaliyah: Thanks Peyton. *eats her pancakes*

Peyton: So, what you want to do today?

Aaliyah: I just want to spend time with Lucas again. *starts to cry again*

Peyton: Aaliyah, stop. It's going to be ok.

Aaliyah: It's not. *sniffles* And he wanted to marry me. *cries harder*

Peyton: Stop, stop, stop. It's your birthday. You should be happy! Some people don't live to see another year and you did!

Aaliyah: Lucas didn't get to see another year either. *cries some more*

Peyton: *gives her a tissue box* We going to the store to get you some stuff.

Aaliyah: Fine. *gets her keys*

Peyton: You going in your pajamas?

Aaliyah: Yes...

Peyton: No, come on, let's go get you cleaned up. *smells Aaliyah* Shit, you smell like nasty alcohol and death.

Aaliyah: *looks at Peyton for a long time* Need to stop all that cussing.

Peyton: Mom and dad ain't here so I can.

Aaliyah: Mhm.

At the Studio

Toni: Ken, you got the house all ready and stuff?

Kenny: Yea you got the new stuff for her dorm?

Toni: I got it Ken. *taps her fingers on her phone*

L.A: *comes in* Sorry you guys that I'm late. I had to run some errands with Pebbles.

Toni: Pebbles!?! I haven't see in her in a long time!

Kenny: Right. Last time I saw her was like in the 90s.

L.A: Yea, yea, she's doing ok.

Kenny: You guys messing around after the divorce?

L.A: That doesn't matter. What matters is that you and Mariah's song became a hit, and you really got more attention with that little affair thing.

Toni: Mhm.

Kenny: Bad attention Toni.

Toni: Yea, skanky hoe ass attention.

L.A: *laughs* Ah, Toni is something, but you two need to do 1 more album. I'm thinking Love, Marriage, Divorce Part 2. This album needs to be spectacular and need to get the attention of some of the young kids and still some of the adults. I need some songs telling how great the marriage is. Then how something bad happened in the relationship, and last how they got back. Our goal is to get some grammys for this album. Kenny, did you write any new songs yet?

Kenny: Uh, yea. *gives him some papers*

L.A: Ok, you guys can go in the studio and work on it.

Toni: Ok. *goes in the studio and looks at the lyrics* Hm.