Fresh Start

Aaliyah P.O.V.
Wow, this is my first day of starting at college. I'm so glad they gave me a map because this place is huge. My first thing was to go to my dorm and unpack. When I went in, my roommate was unpacking and putting pictures up on her side of he wall. She was dark skin and was very short. Her hair was curly and hung in a ponytail.

 Her hair was curly and hung in a ponytail

???: You must be my roommate. My name is Regina.

Aaliyah: Nice to meet you. My name is Aaliyah.

Regina: Nice to meet you to. Have you seen our other roommate?

Aaliyah: We have another roommate?

Regina: Yea, I don't think she has came yet though. At least we get to choose our bed first.

Aaliyah: Right.

Regina: Hey, aren't you Toni Braxton and Babyface's daughter?

Aaliyah: Yeaaa. *starts to put her clothes in the drawer*

Regina: That must be cool. Having everything in the world. *puts up decorations in the room*

Aaliyah: Not really. Your business is out for every little thing you do. When I was in high school, I would sometimes party a little too hard and it would be everywhere. Sometimes you just need privacy.

Regina: Oh, I really don't know much about privacy. I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters.

Aaliyah: Wow, that's a big family.

Regina: Yea, I really had to work up to here all by myself. My mother couldn't pay for all of my siblings to go to college because she's a single mother. So, I had to study really hard to get scholarships and join into everything around school.

Aaliyah: Interesting. What are you majoring in?

Regina: Biomedical engineering. Trying to become an engineer. What about you?

Aaliyah: Biology. I want to become a doctor.

Regina: Interesting.

Lilly: *comes in with boxes* Hey guys.