Drunk Talk

**Edited**

"Wes, wake up! Can you hear me?" Karoline gently stroked his cheek waiting for a reaction. 

She watched him try to open his tired eyes. He succeeded in the slightest. Wes had a big grin on his face. 

"What?" she asked.

"Has anyone told you that you are a very pretty lady?"

"Maybe a handful of people."

"You are usually not my type. You know, dark and mysterious. You are Indian, aren't you?" a puff of air filled with whiskey and his warm breath came her way.

"My other is from India," she replied. 

"Still makes you half Asian," his eyebrows rose, "my parents would have never allowed me to have an affair with a woman of another culture. They said it was against our cultures beliefs, what ever that means.  Jokes on them, they are rotting in hell right now and they can't touch me."

Wes laughed, but it wasn't a genuine laugh. It was a way to hide the sadness that was building up inside of him. 

Karoline tried in her power to lift the man up, reminding him he needed to help her. Together they managed to get Wes out of the tub. She wrapped a towel over his wet body and told him to lie down and take a rest. The time in the warm water made his skin appear wrinkly. 

She navigated hey way to the kitchen, searching the cupboards for water bottles. As she found their collection, she grabbed two and headed back to the master bedroom to check up on Wes. He looked like he was already sleeping. 

Setting the water bottle on the side table next to the bed, Wes opened his eyes and watched Karoline for a moment, before she could realise. She smiled handing him the water, gesturing him to drink. 

Wes drank half of the water bottle. His mouth formed the words thank you. He lowered his head in to the big fluffy pillow and shut his eyes. Next thing you know he was dozing off to dream land. 

Karoline watched the man in his resting state. There was something about him, when he wasn't trying to put on a mask for the rest of the world. He looked like he was in piece. Quickly she turned to face the wall, when she realised she was smiling the whole time while looking at Wes. It was not the time for her to create a bond with him. It was something that was not allowed to happen. 

————————————————————
———————————
•••

Sorry for the short chapter. Hopefully you still enjoyed it!

Question 6: What is your favourite drink? 

It may sound basic, but water is the best drink for anyone really. Luckily my parents never let me drink soft drinks when I was younger, only on special occasions, of course, so I am not the biggest fan of soft drinks. 

If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and share. 

All the love xx