Two Can Play This Game

"Did you guys find anything?" Kayla asked them as the stepped into the living room. She had already searched her part of the house and was enjoying her tea.

"Nothing," Roy answered taking off his gloves and taking a seat at the table.

"What he said," Maia joined them, "What are we going to do know?"

"We should start to think where he could have stashed the cash and the weapons," Kayla suggested.

"How many weapons did you see in that room?" Roy asked.

"Many... Let's just say the FBI would have a file on him."

"That can't be good," Maia added, trying to putting one and one together.

Silence filled the room as each one of them tried to think of their next move. They had at least 5 days to find what they have been looking for.

"What about his office?" Maia tried to help them out.

"I don't think it is that easy to transport firearms into a casino, day or night time," Roy added.

"Maybe not all the firearms... what about a key to a safe or a storage room somewhere," Kayla thought.

"Wouldn't that be too easy?" Maia asked.

"Look, he left the key in the same book, meaning he is probably not the smartest man," Roy laughed.

"There is no harm in checking out his office," Maia said.

"Okay, if you guys think it will help us get a step closer, I will go and visit the casino. Let's juts hope that they let me in," Kayla got up to get ready to go.

***

Kayla walked into the casino, greeting the security guard, who nodded in reply. At the door of Wes's office, she noticed that she did not have a key to the room. Once of the security guards caught up with her and asked her if she needed anything. She smiled and asked him if he could let her into the office because Wes had forgotten an important file that she was supposed to pick up for him, while he was in Japan. The man hesitated for a while, before unlocking the door. Kayla thanked him and stepped into the room, spotting an open laptop on his desk. Slowly she sat down on his seat. A giant play button was jumping around on the screen. She clicked the play button, to see Wes face. From the background of the video, she could tell it was taped in his office.

"Dear Karoline, the fact that you are sitting my chair at this moment, means you remember the key and the location of it. As you have maybe noticed the room is empty now. I am not aware of how much of the room I have shown you and the story behind all the arms. For now, it would be best if you did not know anything about the room and the meaning of it. To be honest I have a very dark past, which I have not addressed yet. Believe me, Karoline, when I tell you that I will tell you the truth when your time comes, but for now, I have to leave you in the dark. Because of my past, I am very careful about everything that I care about and I care deeply about you. There is a loaded gun in the right upper drawer. I have provided it to you for safety only. I will check the bullets at the end of my trip to see if anything has happened to you. If you did not have to use the gun, then consider yourself lucky. Do not worry though, my house is the safest place to be at the moment. Remember to call me in emergencies. Take care of yourself."

As soon as Wes finished the last sentence the laptop switched off. Kayla tried to restart it, but no luck. She opened the drawer he mentioned, to find the gun. Silently she hid the gun in her purse and searched the room for any lead. Again she was disappointed, she took a magazine of the shelf to disguise it as one of Wes's files and left the room.

***

"Hello Kayla, what can I helo you with today?" the boss said through the phone.

"Can you take a deep look at Wes for me, please? Anything from credit card usage to emails of former friends?" She asked.

"Could I please know your reason for you butting into his private life?"

"There is something weird about Wes."

"Look, Kayla, I know you love playing detective, but all you have to do is get rid of the man and your job is done. That is all I asked for."

"I know, but there is something really wrong about him. He could be a criminal."

"This is not our concern, you know that..."

"Okay, look, this man could be dangerous. If the people who are looking for him find out he is dead, I could be next or even worse, they would come after the whole company."

"Is this really your concern?"

"Yes, sir. Please one check and I will delete everything I have on him, once I know who I am dealing with."

"You are running out of favors that I can do for you."

"I am well aware of that, please?"

"Very well, but do not disappoint me!"

"Yes, Sir," she ended the call and waited patiently infornt of her laptop.

A/N: Hello beautiful people of Wattpad! Thank you for reading this chapter and all the other (if you have). Vote and comment to tell me what you think about the story line so far. There will be a lot more things coming your way! All the love xx