24 Hours Later

A/N: Wow, it has been more than a month the last time I updated this book.... Sorry, really. If you happened to read the A/N from the chapter before, you will have known, that I am busy at university at the moment, so it's hard for me to find time and energy to write and check all the grammar and all those things. I will make sure that I will finish this book as soon as possible, then it will finally be complete! :) Enjoy this chapter and I hope you have a great week! 

*****

Time was passing and while it seemed like everything around them was growing, they sat there staring at the one man that didn't want to open his mouth. Roy and the detectives stood behind the one way mirror, thinking of possible ways to crack him, but the only thing Wes did was ask for Karoline. 

Realising they had no chance in getting Kayla back on board after going behind her back and sabotaging her investigation, they needed to find a way to get the man behind bars. That's when detective Klara realised that Kayla could still be a help to them without having to get in contact with her. In confidence she walked into the interrogation room, she sat down and started talking to the criminal. Once the name "Karoline" was dropped Wes was all ears. She threatened to hurt Karoline to get answers. 

At this point not only Wes was getting furious, but also Roy cried out to Dave. 

"What does she mean? You don't have the power to hurt Kayla, this was never a part of the deal!"

"Roy, we are not going to hurt her. We just need him to confess to everything and this waiting will be over. The clock is ticking and our 48 hours are running out," Dave tried to calm the man down, who was ready to attack any second now. 

"I swear on your pathetic life, if anything happens to Kayla, you will have hell to pay!"

In the interrogation room the same thing was going down. Wes pointed his fingers and violently argued that the detectives were an abomination to this world for threatening a innocent woman. The detective tried to keep her calm, hoping it would rub off on the interrogated. She promised to keep Karoline safe as long as he confessed for everything he was charged for. For a moment silence filled the room as Wes stared aimlessly into the woman eyes. He had lost the trust in people a long time ago, especially after threatening a woman he cared for. He demanded to see Karoline, otherwise he would leave the precinct untouched, since his 48 hours were running out. 

The detective turned to the mirror staring at the two men behind the glass, giving them the signal to contact Kayla right at this second. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A few hours later Kayla walked into the bureau dressed as Karoline. She asked one of the officers to speak to detective Dave. Dave leed her to the observation room. Like she did before she ignored Roy, who tried to pretend like he it didn't bother him anymore.

"We need you to go in there and ask him to tell you everything," the detectives explained.

"What do I get out of it?" she said her eyes glued to Wes.

"Remember the contract?" Dave reminded her of the stack of papers that Roy and her had overflown.

"Fine, but I am letting you know, that I will be asking for more favors," with those words she exited the room and entered into the other.

Wes jumped at the sight of Karoline. He hugged her and planted a kiss on her lips, he had not kissed in a while. Karoline smiled and sat down next to him.

"Wes, dear, you need to tell me everything you were going to tell me that day."

"Why here? In front of all these detectives? They are slowly getting on my nerves."

"On your nerves? Believe me, you have not even gotten to experience the full experience," she laughed, to which he joined in.

After that, all the answers started rolling in, enough for Wes to be put behind bars for more than 10 years.