The Eyes Of The Owners

Karoline woke up, feeling her arms and legs tied to a wooden chair. Her eyes took their time to adjust to her surroundings looking for anything that would seem familiar. It appeared as if she was in a storage room. It was dusty, dark and cold. She tried to shout for help, but her mouth was taped together with duck tape. Once again her eyes scouted the room for a way to free her body out of the trap. Just as she saw a desk, the door opened. The bright light blinded her enough for her to only see a figure walking into the room.

"If I take the tape off your mouth, promise you won't shout," Janette's voice appeared out of the blue.

As a reply, Karoline nodded. With a swift rip, the tape was off her face. A harsh sting spread from her mouth to the rest of her neck and face. She grunted loudly, trying her best not to scream out in pain.

"Auch, that sounded like it hurt," Janette looked worried, "Oh look, it got some of your pink lipstick off."

"What do you want from me?" Karoline looked into the woman face, hoping to read the face she was pulling.

"You tell me. Is there anything I should be wanting from you?" she raised her eyebrow.

"No. Just let me go," Karoline pleaded.

"I can't-do that, not until he is here," Janette replied.

"Who is he?"

"He is on his way. No worries, he is no stranger to you," Janette's face changed from a worried look to a more serious one. It was as if she had put up a whole persona, just to gain the trust of Karoline just to misuse it.

"You can't keep me here!" her voice rose, "people will be looking for me?"

"People?" Janette giggled, "You mean Roy? He seems very worried about you. Good that you told him that you are just going to take a nap."

"I want to go, I have things to do and being captured by a crazy lady is not on the list," Karoline said.

"Too bad, because it looks like it is the only thing you will be doing today," just as Janette said that the doorbell rang. The woman gave Karoline one last smile and turned her back to go and get the door. Just as she stepped out of the door frame, she closed the door behind her, leaving Karoline alone in the darkness once again.

After her eyes had gotten used to the dark she jumped with the chair over to the desk. Tiptoeing, she pulled on a drawer, which was attached to the desk. In there she found papers, paper clips and a scissor. She dropped the chair back to the ground and tried to cut herself free. The next step was for her legs to be untied. She made her way to the door, where Janette had entered and exited from. There was no visible handle, but a small latch hidden in the wall. One pull and the door opened to the mansion. Carefully Karoline walked to the exit, knowing she had to pass the kitchen before escaping into the garden, through the gates and then out to the street. The coolness of the wall spread along her back as she caught a deep breath. One swift turn and she was in the kitchen with two eyes staring at her. The eyes belonged to Janette and Wes.

"I told you she would make it out," Janette said in a defensive tone.

Wes ignored her comment and walked over to Karoline. He eyed her scared face but didn't say a word. There was something about him that made him look different as if the trip to Japan had changed him. He had seen something he didn't want to.

"Karoline...," Wes tried to take her hand. She quickly moved it out of his reach.

"Why are you keeping me here?" Karoline demanded.

"I just need to ask you a few questions, that's all," his voice was quiet and calm.

"Not here, not with her," Karoline glared at Janette, whose arms were crossed in front of her chest.

"Okay, let's go," Wes led her to his office.

Karoline closed the door behind her and yelled:" What the heck is wrong with you people? That crazy woman tried to kidnap me!"

"Please lower your voice. We may be in a big house, but she can still hear everything," Wes's voice was still steady and calm.

She took a deep breath to calm down. Wes watched her exhausted body drop on the couch, her face buried in her hands.

"Was everything a lie?" Karoline broke the silence, eyeing Wes. He scratched his thin, unkempt beard.

"No, Janette's story is all true," he answered.

"Why did she then go all psycho?"

"She is overprotective. That's all."

"Why should she be overprotective? What is there to be overprotective about?"

"If I tell you, you will have to promise me that whatever is said in this room does not leave this room. Understood?" Wes sat down next to her and looked into her golden eyes.

"Yes."

"As Janette said we have been friends for a very long time. She knows everything about me and I mean everything. The good sides and the not so good sides."

"How bad are the not so good sides?"

"Bad, really bad. I regret every moment of it!" Wes played with his hands nervously.

"It can't be that bad," Karoline tried to calm him down.

"You won't understand...." Wes was cut off by his office door slamming open, screams from two men and a woman filling the silent room. Wes's hands reached for the sealing.

A/N: Guess who is back from the dead! Kinda... So this took two weeks to update. Hopefully, you are not pissed because I promise you, you will understand my reason. I am starting Uni in a week and I had to get so many things sorted out. That's just what happens when you study in another country, it's not that simple, sadly! If you haven't seen, I changed that I will be updating on Sunday's, meaning not every Sunday. At least I can't promise you anything. I don't know what is going to happen next and how busy I am going to be, but I will keep you updated via my pinwall (I don't know if that's what you call it).

Anywho, thank you so so so much for giving this book a chance. I have given a lot of effort and heart into it and I really hope you are enjoying it as much as I enjoy writing it. Don't be shy, leave a vote or a comment to say hi! If you know anyone, who might fancy this book, then make sure to share it with them! THANK YOU LOVES.

All the love xx