End Game

He watched the desk like a hawk, waiting for her to finally arrive. In his hands he was holding a file with big red letters screaming 'Confidential'. 

It has been weeks the last time he saw her. Because of all the events that had happened the boss decided to give her a time off. Those weeks were filled with emptiness. Roy was not working in his normal pace and the office was becoming a battle field. People were getting in each others hair and it was clear that a big piece of the puzzle was missing. 

The door swung open and in entered Kayla. Her platinum hair had been replaced with her signature black locks. Like usual her red lipstick was brighter than the sun shining outside. The whole office stopped to look at the woman walking back to her desk. Her shades were covering her eyes, making her look like a big mystery. 

This was his cue. The boss walked up to Kayla's desk clearing his voice, hoping to get her attention. Her head tilted towards the boss. 

"My office, now," he said as Kayla grunted. 

He lead the way and held the door open for the woman, who still didn't take her bug like sunglasses off. After they were both in the office, he handed her the file he was keeping for himself. 

She took the file, flipped through the papers in the file, when she lowered her sunglasses. 

"Alaska? You have got to be kidding me," she said.

"And you will be having a partner too," the boss smirked. 

"Please to the heavens above don't let it be Roy," she let out.

"Speaking of the devil." 

Roy walked into the office, with his head hanging low. Kayla put on her sunglasses and walked out of the room, purposely giving Roy the cold shoulder on the way out.

"She will let it go one day," the boss sighed. 

"I don't know about it..." Roy exited the office with the weight of the world on his shoulders.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Last chapter of this book... I don't know how I feel about it. Thank you for reading my book and if you read the whole book... can I kiss you? Hope you have a great new year, because it's currently still 2017. Time flies doesn't it. 

All the love xx