Blog Till You Die

**Edited**

Karoline waddled into Wes's office with two containers of salad under her arm. He answered the door while still holding a conversation with someone on the phone. Before taking a seat on his chair, he gave her a quiet welcome kiss.

"No, I wanted the faux leather seats! Are you deaf?.... Real leather?! You must be joking right now, Richard. I do not support cruelty towards animals and you are very well aware of it. You are trying to test me aren't you? " Wes shouted into his mobile.

She hesitated for a second before taking a seat. She eyed the salads and started to eat. The conversation could be taking seconds, minutes or even hours. Her stomach was growling, due to not having a proper breakfast.

Wes hung up the phone in anger and took a deep breath to cool down.

"How was your day?" he asked Karoline, opening his salad container.

"It was okay, I slept in today," she answered watching him attempting to stuff a big leaf into his mouth.

"I hope you won't get offended if I ask you what your occupation is," he wondered. Wes had never seen her going to work and was suspicious of what she was doing during his work hours.

"I own a blog, where I post about fashion, food and beauty. Nothing interesting really," she looked him in the eyes. He did not have further question about her blog lifestyle, which meant he bought it.

"What are you talking about? It is the perfect opportunity to give the casino a little shout out for karaoke night!" excitement filled his voice.

"Karaoke night? A shout out? I don't think it would gain a lot of attention ...."

"Come on. If you make your living off a blog, it must be very successful. One small shout out? Please?" he folded his hands begging her. It has never been that successful as he had hoped it to be.

"I will think about it," she was unsure of how to even write a blog post. Maybe her days at the creative writing class would have been more successful if she would have listened in the classes.

He walked behind her and massaged her shoulders, "Promise me you will do it?", he kissed her platinum hair and looked at her.

She turned around to face the man and looked into his begging eyes. How could anyone resist the handsome man like that?

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and went back to eating her salad.

***********

"You are insane! A blogger? You can't even talk to one person in a normal humanly fashion and you are supposed to be having a worldwide audience? You have lost your mind, woman!" Roy snorted.

"What was I supposed to say: Yo, I kill people for living. Oh and I why don't I just mention, I am probably going to kill you too! " She gave him her biggest grin.

"Is it that hard to say you have a normal job like a business woman or you work at Starbucks? How are you going to create a successful website overnight? Let me just get my popcorn and enjoy watching you fail," he smirked and rubbed his hands like the villains usually did in movies.

"I fail, you fail. Remember? You have to help me unless you want to lose your job. And we both know that that is not an option," she reminded him.

Kayla was right. Many years ago there was George, one of the finest agents in their company. He could not deal with the deaths of his victims anymore and decided to quit. The boss did not have a choice, but to let him go. Once set out of the door, all the work a person had done was history, that was not listed on their resume. George had to change his identity. He 'died' and then Mike Miller was born.

That was one of the success stories of the ex-agents.

Others, like Fergus, just went complete mental after quitting. Fergus was undeniably the smartest in the bunch, his technology skills helped a lot with his tasks, but death did not leave his side. After quitting, he started his own app, which was one of the finest inventions of the century. Sitting at home lonely and bored out of his mind, a monster was born. Fergus made it far with over 30 victims and only getting caught for the last 2 murders he had committed.

A shiver went down their spines when they remembered Fergus. Boss forbid them to visit him in jail, despite their interest in his cases. He was worried, they would get influenced by him and turn into a cold-hearted killers just like him.

"We have to think of a plan how to create a successful blog. Should we call boss?" Kayla broke the silence.

"Sounds like a plan to me. I am going to ring him." Roy pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed the number.

Soon after the call was answered and Roy put the phone on speaker.

"Good day, Roy. How can I help you?" the voice came out of the speaker.

"Hello! Kayla is here too. We need your help." Roy answered.

"More like advice, actually," Kayla added.

"Ask away."

"Kayla told Wesley that she was a successful blogger," Roy said loudly.

"You always have to point your fingers at me!" Kayla protested.

"All the fingers are pointing at you. I am just stating the facts," Roy looked at her with a death glare.

"When will you two grow up. Is it that impossible to even pretend like you are adults? What do you two need my help with?" he was annoyed by their childish behavior.

"We need a way to make a blog popular in a night. Is that possible?" Kayla asked, crossing her fingers it would not be impossible.

"I do have contacts, which can help you out with this matter. Kayla, next time you made an irrational decision, please notify me as soon as possible or give me a headstart," he sounded like a father giving advice to his kids.

"Yes, I will remember that," she swallowed. Roy was laughing in the background. She sent angry glares at him.

"I will send you an e-mail with all the important people I want you to talk to. Make sure you have the website running by tonight, even if that means you do not get to sleep. Did you understand me?"

"Yes, sir. Anything else to add?" Roy answered for Kayla.

"Do not let me down, both of you!"

The call was ended. Kayla and Roy sat there in silence. A notification popped up on Kayla's phone screen, informing her she had gotten a mail from her boss. She excused herself, they said their good night's and Kayla disappeared into her room.