Red x reader

YASS I have been waiting to publish this so I hope you enjoy 😊

~age 10~

"Red wait! You promised!"

"......... Things change." The boy in front of you continues walking, his pikachu on his shoulder. You clutch the pokedex in your left hand and run off, heading into the tall grass surrounding your house. You sit down and angrily shove your pokedex into your bag, wiping away tears quickly. You hear rustling next to you and your breath hitches, you had forgotten about the wild Pokemon in the grass. You scrabble back as the noise gets closer, the grass flattening beneath you. You squeeze your eyes shut as you hear a growl and something pounce, waiting for it to attack. You open your eyes and giggle, a pink tongue licking your arm. Paws rest on your knee, and you see a growlithe perched on you. You smile and laugh, petting it and letting it lick your hand.

"Hehehe that tickles!"

~present day, age 17~

You trudge up the mountain, wrapped in a warm (f/c) coat, a long (s/f/c) scarf blowing in the wind. A flurry of snow is blowing around you as you bury your hand in Arcanines fur, his claws sinking into the icy terrain.

"Only a little bit further, then we can go home and have something warm to eat yeah?"

Arcanine looks back and growls happily at the mention of food, trudging on a little faster. Your other Pokemen were snuggled away in their poke balls, shielded from the cold. You can see a figure through the blizzard standing near the edge, something familiar in the way he stands. You get to the top and stand beside the mysterious boy, staring down below at the scenery through the snow. Arcanine sits next to you and leans against your leg, making you stumble over a little into the boy.

"......."

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry!"

"......" The boy turns towards you and holds up a poke ball.

"Oh, you want to battle? Okay!" Arcanine stands in front of you as the boys pikachu is sent out. The battle is short enough, and soon all your Pokemon are wiped out. The stranger walks up to you and heals all your Pokemon, getting up to leave. "Wait!"

"............" The boy stops and you get up, stumbling through the snow to his side.

"Who are you? You're an amazing trainer!"

"..........." You stand on your tiptoes and go to look into his eyes underneath his baseball cap. He ducks his head lower and you frown slightly.

"Hey... I don't bite, I promise!" You put your hand under his chin and tip his face so you can see it, and your mouth hangs open. "You..." Reddish-brown eyes search your face, your (e/c) eyes wide and staring at him. "Red?!"

"......." He doesn't speak, but you can see the guilt and that's enough to confirm what you guessed. You scowl and turn on your heel, storming down the mountain with Arcanine at your side. You're almost to the bottom when someone grabs your wrist, making you stop. You can hear someone breathing heavily and you try to pull your wrist from their grasp.

"Let me go!"

"....." You turn to see Red shake his head, his pikachu perched on his shoulder. Pain pierces your heart as the memory of him leaving runs through your head. His hand is on your wrist and you tug again, scowling.

"Let me go!"

"......" He shakes his head again and you groan.

"Let me go. Now, Red."

He shakes his head harder and tugs you closer to him. You put your hands against his chest and try to push away when Red wraps his arms around your waist and leans his head down towards you, the brim of his hat turned backwards. You squeal in frustration and beat your fists against his chest, only getting a small grunt out of him before he's pressing his lips against yours. You freeze up as his lips move against yours, showing emotions he refuses to. You sink into the kiss hesitantly, your hands pressed against his chest as you kiss him back, your eyes squeezing shut. You pull away from the kiss, your breath coming out in little puffs, showing in the cold air.