Green x reader (found)

WARNING: I think I got a mistake please comment what it was and if there wasn't then forget it. 😅

Your first Pokémon was a Vulpix.

It was almost natural for children, at the age of eleven and even younger, to obtain their first Pokémon and begin training them. For most, it was an odd thing if you didn't own one, at least in your family as a pet.

That's why-after your best friend Red and his rival, Green, were given their starter Pokémon the day they turned eleven-you swelled with jealousy and immediately set off after them in a angered haste to retrieve your own special partner.

Red had approached you in his quiet wake, but his dark eyes held something inexplicably fresh and new that stunned you into silence, along with his rare utterance,

"I'm leaving Pallet Town with Charmander."

He stared at you, and you knew he implored you with a myriad of private, silent messages he only knew to convey to you. Almost the single, foremost person to understand everything those turbid crimson eyes desperately attempted to relay when his mouth couldn't form the right words, which was often.

You realized they'd held invigoration.

He turned without another word, a Pokéball tucked snugly into his small palm. You wanted to cry out to him, beg him not to leave you in this uneventful town filled with absolutely nothing but three children and elders, with a forest filled with wonders and creatures that you so desperately wanted to explore but was held back securely by strict parents, with lost intentions and fruitless attempts bottled up in your small, frail body.

You wanted out.

You took a step toward Red's receding form, your longing for his accompaniment already seizing your heart in a hot, unrelenting grip. But you stopped short, tears welling in your eyes as another form shot into your vision.

Green's haughty smirk filled your line of sight as he leaned into your face, eyes narrowed and calculating. You bit back a noise of annoyed surprise, stepping back and glaring.

He laughed and backed away as well, and you couldn't miss the Pokéball he held proudly into the air at his side. It was a moment you wouldn't ever forget, Green standing in front of you, his untamed brown hair swaying with a gentle breeze, Red in the background, dapples of light swimming over his silhouette as he ventured down the gravel path to Viridian.

"It's only natural for you to stay behind, (Y/n); how can someone like you, without a Pokémon, go out into the big scary world?" He snickered and turned around, tensing to sprint after Red.

"Jerk," you spat, clenching your fists. Green stuck his tongue out at you from over his shoulder and ran to Red in succession, leaving you behind.

You made a quick, rash decision that day, changing your world for the better, for the worst, you didn't know at the time. You didn't care. But you knew it would change, forever.

You begged you parents. Pleaded. Brought them gifts. Ignored them when they refused, didn't eat.

Then, only a week and a half after watching the boys run off and away from you, you were approached by Professor Oak.

You were outside, playing with some local Eevees an old breeder owned because of the complete lack of any animal in your home when the professor walked up at your side, a warm smile creasing his eyes.

"You're very gentle with Pokémon, (Y/n)."

You quickly glanced up at the elderly man, then blushed sheepishly. An Eevee mewed up at you and curled in a tight ball at your side, falling asleep almost immediately.