Oracle of Apollo, Teiresias

Chapter 2 – Oracle of Apollo, Teiresias

When Teiresias arrives, he seems reluctant to answer Oedipus's questions, warning him that he does not want to know the answers.

"So Teiresias, I want to know the truth of the death of the former king, Laius." He humbly asked.

"I'm sorry my king but I know that you don't want to know the truth. The lies of the truth, as it have the eternal pain you don't want to have."

"Teiresias, I asked you one more time and it will be the last. I want you to disclose the secret or else your blood will spill here in front of me."

“Or maybe, you were the one who killed Laius.” The taunt provoked Teiresias.

Teiresias with anger was subdued and begin to talked. Teiresias tells him that Oedipus himself is the killer, and that his marriage is a sinful union.

"It is you, Oedipus, who pollutes the city and is the murderer of Laius."

Oedipus felt insulted and jumps to the conclusion that Creon paid Teiresias to say these things.

"This is nonsense. Why do I, Oedipus, suppose to kill Laius?"

Hehehe. "I know you have been being in cahoots with Creon in an attempt to usurp my throne."

Furious, Oedipus dismisses him, and Teiresias goes, repeating as he does, that Laius's killer is right here before him - a man who came seeing but will leave in blindness.

"Get him out of here." He ordered before he began to sit on this throne"

While being force to leave, the prophet turned his face to the king and insists on saying, "It is you, Oedipus who killed Laius!"

Then, before leaving the stage, Tiresias puts forth one last riddle, saying that the murderer of Laius will turn out to be both father and brother to his own children, and the son of his own wife.

After Tiresias leaves, Oedipus threatens Creon with death or exile for conspiring with the prophet.

“Creon, you bastard, how dare you threaten me with the words of that stinking prophet?”

Ahhh? “What are you talking about?” Creon was astonished with confusion.

“There is no need to reason anymore. I have you charge with treason.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about!”