Chapter 4

I go to school with hatred for Ian, I try to find him I look everywhere but nothing. I ask people but they ignore me and continue to talk to there friends. I give up and just go on and go to class and do the regular schedule, science comes around and I don't even bother looking at Ian I get my work done quickly and I go to the roof of the gym after class. I think Ian lost me in the crowd of people, lunch started and I'm on the roof looking over at all the people.

I hear the door open, I turn around and see Ian standing right there looking at me with a small smirk

"What are you doing up here all alone?" he says while walking up to me

"Are you playing me Ian?"

"W- what are you talking about?"

"I know you are. You would never want to hang out with a loser like me because I'm weird....and nobody in this entire school would want to hang out with me. Ever. So why in the world would you suddenly hang out with me. Huh? Because you want to play me. Ian you have friends and I don't, you hang out and have fun and I don't. You laugh and share stories with people and I don't. Get that through your head."

I turn away and look over the edge and stare at all the people that are laughing with there friends and eating lunch.

"Hey......hey" he gently touches myarm and turns me around

"I would never play you Carmen.. I just wanted to meet you. You seemed like an interesting person that can really start a conversation and I wanted to talk to you. You probably think I'm lying but trust me Carmen I'm not. And you probably won't trust me because we just met. But. I don't know Carmen."

I look at him and his blue eyes are focused on me, not going anywhere.....Just looking at me.

"You left science pretty quickly, the teacher wants us to pick a partner for an upcoming project, so you're stuck with me" he says with a small smile while looking over at me.

"What do you think the project is going to be about?" I say while thinking about all the possibilities

"I don't know know maybe something stupid with potatoes or rubber bands"

I chuckle

Ian shares his lunch with me and we listen to music and talk while looking over at the school. Its still cloudy from all the rain we've been getting here in Arizona. When lunch is over Ian offers to take me home so I say yes.

While in he car I can see him now and then glancing over at me. Ian is a nice guy he really his but I don't see this little friendship lasting long. I will soon regret meeting him and we will go our separate ways and I'll go on with life without any friends again. It starts to rain again and Ian slows down the car and we are getting honked at by some car.

"Why are you slowing down?"

"Because I don't want to get in an accident and hurt you" he glances at me and smiles

"Oh...."

10 minutes later

"Well here we are"

"Thanks" I open the door and begin to get out

"H- Hey Carmen, I would never play you. Just know that." He stares at me with a straight face, but his eyes say a million words

I nod and get out of the car.

Authors Note: Again thank you so much for ready 'figuring it oh' and please share, vote, and comment.