Chapter 13

Ian came back to school yesterday and nobody knows that his mom is dead but me, I'm the only one. I look around while seeing if I can find Ian in the crowd but it's impossible with all the kids in this school. As the halls start to empty I'm alone in the hallway still looking for Ian, I scan the entire first floor but no luck. As I make my way upstairs I pass by all these full classes until I pass by an empty one. It catches my eye and I walk back to see if anyone is inside.

I can see a boy inside alone with his head in his hands, he quickly gets up and is pacing quickly while breathing rapidly. He turns and it's Ian, he looks at me with a blank face as I slowly walk in. I walk up to him very cautiously and quietly while looking right into his eyes.

"Are you ok- that's a stupid question" I say

He looks down and lays his head on my shoulder, he begins to slowly cry and fall to his knees, I sit next to him while holding his head on my heart. I drive Ian to his house but he is not staying there he is staying at my house. I run inside and grab clothes of his, I grab everything that he might need and split.

He's laying in the back seat still quietly crying, I reach over and grab his hand while the other sits firmly on the wheel. I grab the bag and help Ian inside, this time not the window, the front door.

I take Ian to my room and lay him down on my bed. He looks at me with a soft stare, he doesn't even need to say anything I know he wants to say thank you. For everything.

Ian is truly a soft guy. When I first met him I though he was some narcissistic asshole wanting all these girl but he has proved me wrong. He's shared his most deepest secrets with me and taught me that life is something else. It's a whole other meaning to me.

I stay with Ian for the next couple days making sure he eats, showers, and does everything that he is supposed to do. He hasn't spoken one word at all to me but I let it slide since this is a very terrible stage for him right now. I'm still taking my medication but not as much as I use to, I take two in the morning and leave them on my dresser and leave for school.

When I arrive everybody asks where I've been for the last couple of days and I find it strange since the people that are asking never talked to me before. They inform me that Ian and I had the best project for science but that doesn't really matter to me. I continue with the rest of my day and arrive home as soon as I can.
From a distance I see flashing lights in my front yard. Police and an ambulance. I quickly drive to house and jump out of the car to see what's going on. I go up to the caution tape and run under it, until I bump into a cop that is yelling at me to go back.

"This is my house! My boyfriends in there!" He let's go of me and I run upstairs.

Ian is in my bedroom on the floor unconscious or possibly dead. My pills are scattered all over the floor. I start breathing heavily and a paramedic grabs me by the waste and lifts me off the ground and downstairs. I scream, cry, scratch to get out of his clutch but I can't. I see Ian being carried downstairs by two male paramedics. A female takes over and grabs me to stop me from going to Ian.

"S- sweetheart you need to calm down and explain everything to me"

I continue to cry and gasp for air on the living room floor until she calls for another paramedic for help. They press and oxygen mask on my face and tell me to breathe.

After that everything went silent, I couldn't hear a word for anyone. Not even the sirens. All I see is Ian being placed on the gurney and being rolled out of the house. I look into the paramedics eyes and I still can't hear what they're saying all I can see is their lips moving quickly. I wasn't aloud to see Ian at all, I was placed into a hospital as well because I passed out in the house soon after Ian was begin put into the ambulance.

This is all my fault they were my pills and I should have hid them from him. I have no idea where Ian is. Next thing I know I see nurse sprinting by my room to run to a patient who is dying. I can hear them screaming Ian's name. The best thing was that I was hearing Ian scream back.