Chapter 12

Our project is almost over but the good thing is Ian has the next adventure, I think this is going to be the last one because we need to turn everything in two weeks . It's 10pm on a Friday night, everything is quiet and I decided to go to bed early.

I hear my window open but I was thinking it's just my imagination. I hear footsteps and that's when I know I'm not imagining, I quickly turn on the light and see Ian standing in my room.

"Ian what the hell are you doing here!" I say in a whisper

"Get ready"he says in a small whisper

I quickly get ready and we head out to a mystery location. As I walk up to Ian's car I can see blankets and pillows in the back of the pick up truck.

"Sit in the back"he says while flashing the flashlight in my face

I lay back while Ian drives to wherever he is going, the wind is light and the stars are out all over the sky. I look around seeing only grass and the moon, I sit up while covering myself with one of the blankets. 2 hours later Ian parks in an open grass field. He hops out of the car and climbs in the pit of blankets and pillows.

"Here we are" Ian says while getting comfortable

I look at the stars with Ian as we both lay back and watch the stars

"So I was thinking Carmen. What if I plan all the adventures from now on, you can just sit back and come along with me! Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah of course bet they better be good"I say

Ian chuckles while putting his arm around me. I get closer to Ian while we listen to the radio and watch the stars together. Later on we watch the sun rise, at 7am we head back home.

Monday

"Carmen wait up" a girl that I never met says in the halls

"So how are you and Ian"

"Wait what? What do you mean me and Ian?"

"You guys are dating"

"No.no it's not like that at all"

But what about all the times we kissed? All the times we cuddled and cried? What about all those times. Holy shit.

I get home while I think and walk around my room with my hands in my hair. It's already midnight! Crap! I quickly go to bed and forget all about me and Ian.

2 am

My phone starts to ring rapidly while I sit up and rub my eyes from exhaustion.

"Hel-"

"Carmen" Ian says over the phone crying

It goes silent for a while, I wait for Ian to say something

"She's dead, my moms dead"

My heart drops while hearing those words over the phone

I get  dressed in jeans and a sweater and grab the car keys, leave a note for my parents and leave. I drive to Ian's house and walk in, the door is unlocked and Ian is sitting on the couch staring at the floor.

He takes one look at me and breaks instantly, his head is in his hands. I rush over to him and rub his back while we sit in silence, he cries grow stronger as he leans in and hugs my waist. I pick up his head and rest it on my chest while I lay back and hold him until he feels like letting go, which won't be for a while. When Ian finally goes to sleep I do the same, holding Ian as I run my fingers through his hair. Ian is in so much pain he can't even talk, all he does is cry. This has been going on for days and I get it, all that he had left is his mom and now she is gone.

Ian and I don't go to school for a week, I help Ian with things around the house like dishes, laundry, and all that stuff. He hasn't even said a word to me all he does is either nod or shake his head. I collect all of our things for the project like pictures, notebooks, anything that has to do with the project.

As I go back home I look at Ian's journal which is sitting in the passengers seat, the curiously is killing me I have to read it. I pull over on the side of the road because I can't wait any longer, it starts to rain.

11/24

I begin this project with a girl named Carmen Smith, she seems like a sarcastic girl that doesn't talk much but I'll break that

I skip a few pages

12/12

I've gotten closer to Carmen and she is a really unique person, I never knew how great she is.

1/14

Carmen is so beautiful, we were on an adventure and I couldn't take my eyes off her, she is so beautiful.

1/17

Carmen is having trouble with medication that she is taking and she canceled some adventures because she is depressed. I really hope she knew how she is amazing and that she can do anything because she's a beautiful and intelligent person. I love her

I begin to cry at the words Ian wrote, he cared so much about me and I loved him too but never told him.

I drive back home and remember the note I left in the living room

'Don't do anything stupid' it said

And he did, he really messed up