Chapter 6

Our next adventure is my decision, I want to do something that I've always loved doing. I'm going to have to text Ian to meet me here at the house early.

Texting Ian

Carmen: Be at my house by 7am
Ian: why so early?
Carmen: surprise:)
Ian: very silly Carmen. Can't wait
Carmen: Goodnight
Ian: Night Carmen Smith;)

I pick out my outfit for tomorrow and I choose black pants, boots, a white button down and a navy blue coat. I take my medication and go to bed.

The next day

I wake up at 6am and start to get ready, I wash my face and put on very little makeup. I hear Ian coming up and he comes and knocks on the window. I open up he window and let Ian in.

"You know you could just come in by yourself"

"I don't want you to think that I'm a killer and I'm sneaking in, then you would throw something heavy and kill me"

I chuckle and continue to get ready, I can see him looking around my room and touching some things.

"You could put a record in if you want"

He smiles and looks through my records. He slips one out of its cover and pops it in the record player. As the music flows I look at Ian.

"I like this one" he says with a small grin

As I finish up getting ready I grab my old backpack and the journal Ian gave me. I gave Ian the address and we drive over to our destination.

"So where are you taking me?"

"Can't tell you until we get there?"

We arrive at the place about 20 minutes later. Wow.

"A museum huh?" Ian says with a blank expression

"Hey! It's nice!" I say grabbing his hand and running inside

As we step inside the walls are white and they are covered in art, I see paintings, sculptures, people, tables. Everything. We look around and take a seat in front of this one painting. It looks like a woman surrounded in bright colors, but her. She's covered in nothing but dark colors.

"Interesting" Ian and I say while tilting our heads

"This painting reminds me of me" I say while looking at the painting more

"Why do you say that?" Ian looks over at me

"Everything around me is all happy and everybody seems to find somebody. But me it's like a bad vibe, nobody wants to be around me."

"Well I want to be around you" Ian places a hand over mine and smiles

I laugh and we get up and continue to look at art, we observe sculptures and laugh at things that look silly, we head upstairs and and see this on sculpture. The sign says "feel free to climb" so we do. We climb the sculpture and we make it to the top

"Wow this is a great view" Ian says while looking around

"Yeah it's amazing"

All you can see is the people and kids running around and laughing. The art from this perspective is beautiful, all the colors and people.

"So when do you want to tell me about you know"

"U-um well I'm actually a depressed teenager that has to take medications and go to therapy but I haven't been to therapy for a long time. My parents never check up on me or even care where I am. I'm always alone and nobody like to do anything fun with me" I breathe, finally it's over

"So nobody wants to do anything fun with you?"

"Yep" I look down and play with my fingers

"Well then lets have fun shall we" Ian says while climbing down from the sculpture

I follow Ian and he stops at the bottom. He holds my hand and gently touches my waist. We are in a ballroom dance position.

I chuckle and follow Ian's footsteps, we dance to the slow music that fills the museum. People stare and smile but I don't pay attention to them, just Ian.

"Your eyes are beautiful Carmen"

I laugh "they look like dog shit"

"Well they are the most beautiful dog shit I've ever seen"

"Your eyes Ian are like an ocean, I can't get myself away from it"

"I've never seen Carmen Smith so poetic"

We both laugh and continue to dance in the museum. All you can here is people moving and the music that bounces off the walls.