Training

Trying to train Camp Half Blood is an exhausting job.

If Lucian hadn't already expected that, he would have taken one look at the campers, deemed them a lost cause and returned to Planet Chaos.

Alas, Lucian had expected that so all he could do was sigh and get to work. There was going to be a lot of work needed if they were ever going to be prepared for what lay ahead of them.

The campers were determined, he'd give them that, but determination alone wasn't going to magically make them sword fighting experts. It wasn't going to save their lives.

Honestly, Lucian was surprised it was possible to be this bad at sword fighting and the other Angels seemed to agree.

Ros seemed about ready to impale the camper he was trying to help and Lucian was worried that he would need to step in soon for fear of the camper's well being.

Ky and Skó didn't seem any better either, they were attempting to help a pair of Aphrodite twins who just seemed very opposed to the idea of learning how to hold a sword properly. Every time they would dismiss the two Angels or deliver back talk, Ky or Skó's eyes would flash under their hood or wings slightly unfold before all known signs of anger would vanish and they would smile tightly before attempting to help the bratty twins again.

Nia looked about ready to scream every time the Apollo camper she tried to help would blatantly ignore her advice and try to handle the sword his own way.

Ri had already had to be restrained by Py after she had given the camper she had been teaching a very nasty slash across the chest. The camper had been sent to the infirmary to be taken care of and Ri was now helping a very terrified Hermes camper.

Py seemed to be very uncomfortable with the Hecate camper he was helping who seemed very interested in getting touched by him in any way possible. Lucian could only hope that Nia doesn't see or else they may have a camper slitting their own throat.

Tos was actually doing it quite well. She had already helped 2 campers adjust their stance and was flitting around from camper to camper happily. Lucian wasn't too surprised though, Tos was always great with the civilians on the planets they would travel to. She was sociable like that.

Mai wasn't really helping with offence training. She wasn't too keen on fighting, she more preferred to heal than hurt. So instead, she was helping whatever Apollo campers that wanted the help with their healing techniques. She seemed to be doing quite well, too. Though it wasn't much of a surprise, she was a very motherly person, the campers probably felt at ease around her.

Lucian looked around to the other campers who were struggling. It seemed as though nearly all of them were having at least some trouble aside from two Ares kids and a Hecate kid.

He let out a loud sigh from where he was stood.

"How are they so inexperienced? It's almost as though they didn't train at all in the past few years..." Lucian knew it wasn't considered all that sane to talk to yourself on Earth, but honestly, this was unbelievable.

"We did try, you know." Lucian moved his head slightly to the right, to the source of the voice.

"Really? Because something tells me that you didn't try hard enough." Lucian responded, turning his head away from the blonde and back to the struggling campers.

"We tried. But, we weren't as good at teaching or sword fighting as someone else was... Someone who isn't here anymore..."

Lucian felt his muscles tense under his cloak, his pulse quicken for a fraction of a second, his airways close for a brief moment. He quickly forced his body to relax, however. A skill he had acquired near the beginning of his training. To hide any sign of weakness from the untrained eye. Unless Annabeth was a trained agent, she wouldn't have noticed his small vulnerability a few seconds ago.

"And who might that be, Miss Chase?" He forced himself to keep looking in front of himself, forced himself to sound indifferent.

Annabeth was silent for a moment and Lucian heard her exhale deeply "It doesn't matter, all that you really need to know is they're gone."

Lucian nodded his head, heaving a sigh as a camper fell flat on their face "I suppose you're right, it truly doesn't concern me unless they are living,"

A silence passed between the both of them, the only sounds being the clanging of swords and the words of instruction from the other Angels. It was broken by Annabeth, who spoke up seconds after Lucian saw a camper slice their hand on their own sword and screech bloody murder even after Mai healed them. Attention seeker.

"Do you honestly think we'll be prepared for this?"

Lucian took a moment to mull over his answer before speaking "Maybe."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

They had been training for what seemed as though it was all day but was really 3 hours maximum. The campers were exhausted, even the most athletic of them were red faced and sweaty.

Lucian hadn't been lying when he said there was a possibility of them being prepared; every one of the campers had potential to be great, he could see it. They just had to get motivated to try.

How Lucian was going to get them motivated to win this war, he didn't know. But he was going to try.

He had to.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Okay so I know I was practically dead for the past few months but hear me out, okay. I got an Ao3 account. I've been posting a small series on there and I'm going to be writing more works on there too. None of which will be posted here. I'm still going to be writing on WattPad but I'll also be writing on Ao3, too. I have the same name (DestroyedConscience) on there so if you want, go check it out! Either way, I hope you liked this chapter! Don't for to vote and comment, it really helps :)
Date Published: 5:20 pm 17 January 2017
Word Count: 1047