Meetings

If there was one thing Lucian didn't miss about Camp Half Blood, it was meetings.

Lucian hated meetings.

They were the bane of his existence, really. They were so boring and seemed to just go on and on and on.

Right now, Lucian and the Angels, as well as the Camp's cabin leaders, were all once more sitting around the infamous ping pong table in the Big House.

You'd think they'd get an actual table for these meetings. Honestly, no class.

Or maybe living in one of the most luxurious castles to ever exist for 5,000 Chaos Years has given Lucian unrealistic expectations?

Nah, these campers just have no class.

Lucian plopped his chin onto the palm of his right hand, his left hand twirling the fabric of his cloak as he surveyed the room from under his hood, sea green eyes quickly darting around, taking in everybody in the room and their activities.

The Angels were all huddled close together, some more so than others.

Nia and Py were practically stuck together, hands intertwined and heads tilted to face each other, they were whispering amongst themselves, lost in their own little world together. You'd think after spending 5,000 Chaos Years together, they'd get sick of each other, but nope. Still as hopelessly in love as always.

Bleh.

Skó and Ky had turned their chairs to face each other and were playing Go Fish together. They were each sat crossed legged and Skó appeared to be winning and Ky wasn't very happy about it.

Dorks.

Mai was slapping a beat onto the ping pong tables with her hands as she absentmindedly looked around the room.

It was a pretty good beat to be honest.

Ri and Tos were casually talking to each other, not really paying the Demeter Cabin Leader any attention as he looked at them with badly masked anger.

A glare from Ri caused him to quickly look away.

Ros wasn't interacting with the others, instead his feet were propped up and crossed at the ankle as he leant back in his chair. He was tossing one of the many medals he had earned for serving in a war on Q034P0127 into the air and catching it.

Lucian liked Q034P0127, they had domesticated big -the size of a stallion big- animals that looked a bit like grey squirrels there.

A loud bang rang through the room as Annabeth slammed both her hands onto the ping pong table, causing Nia and Py to bump heads, Mai to jump and bang her knee off the bottom of the table, Ri's arm to fly out on instinct and punch Tos in the face -resulting in a loud exclaim from Tos-, cards to fly everywhere as Ky flailed and fell off of her chair while Skó shrieked and tried to catch her and Ros' medal to fall onto the floor and roll under the table.

What happened to Lucian? Well his chin slipped off of his hand and his face slammed into the ping pong desk with a bang loud enough to rival Annabeth's previous.

Ros gave out a distressed noise as his medal rolled under the table and ducked under onto his hands and knees to retrieve it.

"Ignore me, please!"

Annabeth blinked at the sudden unprofessionalism from the past serious Angels. She quickly regained her composer, however and her stormy grey eyes quickly reverted to the serious, guarded gaze they usually held.

She cleared her throat when the room quietened and surveyed the now silent room.

"As we are all aware now, thanks to the Angels of Lord Chaos, we have a very serious, very powerful threat on the uprise." Annabeth looked at each camper in turn, resembling a teacher giving a lecture, in Lucian's eyes.

"It is very, very important that we put as much time and effort and that our bodies will allow into preparing for what is likely to be the hardest, dangerous war any of us have seen in centuries. It is vital that we are strong enough to take on this threat and beat it. We don't have much time, but if we try hard enough, we can win this war. I'm sure of it. Now, we need to go through scenarios that could happen and decide what we will do. We need to strategise." Annabeth looked around the room once more, hands had been raised, some of the leaders having certain scenarios they felt responses had to be discussed for.

"Leo," She acknowledged the Latino, who lowered his hand when called on and pushed a long, curly strand of black hair behind a pointed ear.

"What about the campers who won't be ready for the war, even after the training? Because, you seriously can't think that we're all going to be ready for this war." He looked to her with chocolate eyes, concern for the weaker fighters of the Camp obvious in them.

Annabeth's eyes, however, remained blank as stone, her expression serious "We cannot afford to lose this war because we attempted to save those weaker than us."

Leo's face held outrage and disbelief as he rose from chair, hair slowly smoking and his eyes' brown colour becoming a bright amber.

"You're saying we should let them, friends--family, you're saying we should just let them die?!" His hands had become to smoke and the area of the ping pong table they were pressed down on made slight sizzling noises.

Annabeth remained calm, her expression never wavering "Leo Valdez sit down and calm yourself before you light the whole camp on fire."

Leo slowly sank down into his seat, a look of disbelief and slight sadness taking over his features. He looked down at the ping pong table, staring at the prints of his hands burned into the surface and wrapped his arms around himself.

"Percy wouldn't have wanted this,"

The room became tense as most of the seven visibly flinched at Leo's statement.

Annabeth looked as though she had been slapped in the face.

Lucian was having slight problems with breathing, his muscles locking up and Py and Tos cast him concerned glances from under their hoods.

As Lucian attempted to gain control back over his senses, Annabeth recovered from Leo's statement.

Her eyes returned to their usual emotion, her face becoming serious once more. But nobody had missed the look of grief on her face, the sadness her eyes portrayed.

She looked to Leo and, in a voice smaller than before, spoke again.

"I know, but Percy isn't here anymore, Leo. It's time we all moved on from that."

Leo opened his mouth again, obviously still upset "How can you tell us to get over him when you haven't gotten over him either?"

Annabeth opened her mouth as though to defend herself but closed it again a few seconds later, closing her eyes and heaving a sigh.

Leo looked at her for a moment before scoffing and pushing himself away from the table.

"Leo!" Jason called after him, trying to get the now leaving Latino's attention but was ignored.

The door to the Big House slammed closed and a heavy silence filled the room.

Did Lucian mention how much he hated meetings?

"OW THAT WAS MY FOOT, WHAT THE BLOODY--"

Seems like Ros found his medal.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
EYYY GUESS WHO MANAGED TO UPDATE IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS INSTEAD OF LITERAL MONTHS?? THIS WRITER! Hope you enjoyed this chapter I guess, leave a comment or vote if you wanna. It doesn't pay you but it makes my day sooo.
Published: 1:24 pm 30 January 2016
Word Count: 1267