24

Dominique

I heard a screech outside.

"Maybe it's the boss?" I whispered.

I heard a lot of rough actions & shouting. The door swung open & the men who had been checking up on me previously rushed in. One of them was carrying someone. He was in his boxers & had a bag over his head. They forced him onto a chair facing me & wrapped a bunch of rope around his waist since he had on his wrists & ankles.

I examined the body in front of me & recognised it. One of the goons pulled the bag off his head & my heart broke into pieces.

"They got Ethan," I thought. I looked at him with eyes of sad relief.

"Ethan," I murmured. He shook his head & the cloth fell from his mouth.

"Dominique," he smiled weakly. He always had a smile. No matter how bad things were. One of the goons punched Ethan's face.

"Stop!" I cried as the tears started to fall. A mocking chuckle echoed from the stairs. I heard heels step down the stairs slowly.

"Hello Dominique," the voice greeted me.

It was Alicia.

She stood in front of me & looked down on me as she towered.

"You did this?" I asked in complete disbelief.

Alicia was stupid. As stupid as a brick on a hot day. I couldn't comprehend how she even pulled this off.

"Yes. Because I want my title back. The day you showed up to that club, my popularity died. Now I'm here to take back what you stole from me," she hissed as she looked me in my eyes.

I stared her down & flinched. I stood up & charged at her. I scratched her face as she pushed me away & one of the goons held me by my neck & strangled me.

"Let her go!" Ethan yelled.

"Shh baby," Alicia swiftly kissed him on the lips & that's when my anger flared. The goon threw me back on my chair & rope was wrapped around my waist.

"Ethan & I had some fun while you were gone," she smiled at me sweetly. I looked at her with tears in my eyes then looked at Ethan.

"It wasn't my fault babe. She drugged me," he pleaded as he looked at me with soft eyes.

"I believe you don't worry baby," I whispered with a nod.

"Aw, look at the lovebirds. Makes me miss my husband," Alicia cooed with a sulk. My mind jumped.

"Husband?" I sounded out the word as if I had never heard it before.

"Yes," she cooed & we heard the door upstairs open.

"Alicia!" a voice yelled which sounded so familiar. My God. Could it be?

"Down here!" she yelled with a smile. I heard footsteps & was shocked to see who stood beside Alicia.

"Max?" I struggled to say his name.

"Hey," he smirked at me & wrapped his arm around Alicia's waist.

"Yes Dominique. We're married. We've been married before you even came. I worked as a stripper at the club to watch over my honeybun," she explained as she held his cheeks, "we've been planning to eliminate you ever since you took my title. He's been helping me plan the whole thing."

"I'm okay with you stripping but did you really have to sleep with body builder over there," he pointed to Ethan.

"I'm sorry. You know I've said this a million times," she groaned. I just stared at Max in painful shock.

I trusted him with everything in my life when I first came to the club. I thought he's the only one there for me. God I was so wrong.

"I can't believe you lied to me all these years," I was still mortified by this discovery.

"I'm sorry Dom. But my wife has to clearly make money because she can't do anything else," he nodded & she looked at him with eyes of fury.

"I don't mean that," he plopped a kiss on her forehead & went upstairs.

"Well tomorrow is the big day. The day I get to splatter your brains out!" she cheered with a smile. She began walking upstairs when she stopped at the top & looked down at us.

"Oh boys, by the way. You can have her tonight as promised & he," she pointed to Ethan, "has to watch. Your money's waiting for you upstairs by the door," she smirked & slammed the door.