Dinner Plans

A/N: Chapter dedicated to johannaistrash and Mark #couplegoals
Rey's POV
"Okay so we need to tell Johanna, Gilbert, Grace, Abbie, Mark, and-"

"Basically everyone at work?" Ben interrupts.

"Yes." I smile back. "Oh and your mom and Chewie."

"Chewie is a dog." He states

"He is part of the family." I counter. He rolls his eyes. "So we should have an engagement party dinner thing. That's what we are supposed to do right?"

"Yeah I guess. We can have Finn and Gwen do speeches."

"Yeah, where should we have it?"

"Our restaurant."

"No we always have stuff there."

"Fine where?"

"How bout Mark's Place?"

"That one burger joint?"

"Yeah, it has the best fries in town. I think Johanna's boyfriend is the owner."

"You want to have an engagement announce party at a burger joint?" Ben raises an eyebrow.

"Not exactly a party and you wanted it at a pizza place."

"Cause we own it."

"You said we." I smile at him.

"Yeah, we are both going to run this place. Now I guess it really isn't a party."

"It's a dinner, Ben."

"Okay we'll invite everyone to dinner at Mark's Place." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

----------------------------------------------------------
Ben's POV
"Okay I sent everyone a text and everyone confirmed that they can have dinner with us tonight except for your mom." Rey tells me.

"I'll talk to her."

I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen and sit at the bar.

I dial her number.

"Hey mom."

"Ben you proposed didn't you?"

"Yeah, how'd you guess?"

"Rey's text asking to have dinner tonight and you talked to me about this."

"Oh right."

"Yeah, so I didn't confirm, because I want to take you both out to brunch on Sunday."

"Okay let me ask Rey if that's fine." I put my hand over the speaker. "Hey babe! Can we do brunch on Sunday with my mom?"

"I have to open at work, but I think my boss will let me have it off."

I chuckle and get back on the phone. "Yeah we can do that."

"Okay I'll see you Sunday."

"I love you mom."

"I love you too son."

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting next to Rey who is busy chatting with Johanna, Gwen, and Mark about how delicious the fries are. I'm talking with Finn and Hux about how nervous I am to announce it. I don't know how I let Rey talk me into it.

The other waitresses and cooks are talking amongst themselves and a couple of friends from high school that I graduated with.

Rey bumps me and I glance over.