New Love

Lily's POV-
I never thought I could love again after Voldemort killed James. I'm glad Harry and I got out, but it took awhile for me to be happy. Raising Harry alone for the last two years has been so hard, but with Voldemort in hiding, it has made things easier. Getting back in touch with Severus after everything was great, and everything has slowly progressed from just our friendship to so much more. I always loved Severus when we were younger, but he has stepped up so much in a father figure role for Harry and has really proven himself. I'm finally ready to move forward with him. I head downstairs to find Sirius glaring at Severus and roll my eyes.
"Sirius cool it. I know you two have had your issues, but Severus has helped me a lot over the last two years. I need you both to get along with each other. Please?" I ask him.
"I will do anything for you Lily. I just don't trust him," Sirius replies.
"Not like I trust you either Sirius. But I have been best friends with Lily for years and I'm not going anywhere," Severus said back.
I can't help but smile at that comment. Severus has been amazing and I've grow to love him more everyday.
"I know Sirius. But I also know you're holding onto your grudge from when we were kids," I said to him.
"I'm holding onto a grudge because of what he called you back then Lily. I just don't want to see you or Harry hurt, ok?" Sirius replies.
"I know Padfoot, old friend. We're okay. I promise."
Sirius smiled at the mention of his old nickname, but I saw a hint of pain there. Shit, probably shouldn't have said that one, so I quickly add, "Sorry Sirius. I know. I miss him still too."
Sirius quickly changes the subject, "So are you two going out or not? Remus is gonna come by tonight and watch that nephew of ours with me."
"Yes. Thank you again Sirius. We'll be back in a couple hours," I tell him with a quick hug and kiss on his cheek.
"Anytime Lily. Have fun."
I turn and pick up Harry and give him a quick hug and kiss as well, "Bye baby boy. I'll be back in a little bit. I love you."
"Bye mama. I love you too," my sweet little boy replies.
Severus and I leave for dinner. I'm so ready to tell him that I want to give us a shot. I only hope he still feels the same way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is! The first chapter of my fanfic on Lily and Severus 😍 I've been wanting to write this one for a while, but I was holding off until I finished another story I was writing. Decided to start it now. I will update more often when my other one is finished, but will try to update as much as possible on this story as well. As stated before, this story is dedicated to my Potterhead friends. I love you all and enjoy it ❤💚💙💛

~Nikki ❤🦁😍