The Talk

Sirius and Remus watch Harry once a week to give me a break so I can go out and get away. They've been doing this since even before James died and would give us date nights. Now it's just a night to let me get away and do whatever I want too without Harry. Tonight was that night, so Severus and I are going to dinner and going to talk about a few things. Since we're going to a muggle restaurant, we're driving instead of apparating there to make us less noticeable.

"You know Lily, I'm really glad we're able to just get away for a couple hours, just the two of us. I know we have a lot to talk about," Severus said as we got in the car and he started to drive.

"I know Sev. That's why I wanted to do this tonight since Sirius and Remus are watching Harry anyways," I told him.

We drove in silence for a few more minutes until we pulled up to the restaurant. Severus quickly turned off the car, jumped out, and ran over to my side so he could open my door for me. I couldn't hide my smile from him as he offered me his hand and helped me out of the car.

"What's the smile for Lily?" he asked me.

"You Sev," I replied, blushing.

We get to the door of the restaurant and Severus holds it open for me, all the while I'm just thinking of how he hasn't let go of my hand still and our fingers are now intertwined with each other, with him drawing circles on my palm with his thumb as we walk inside. As we reach the hostess, he drops my hand and I feel like I've lost a part of me already.

Do I really have a right to feel like this about him? It's only been two years since I lost James. Maybe it's too soon, I think to myself as Severus talks to the hostess.

The hostess's voice interrupts my thoughts, "Right this way to your table, Severus."

After we're seated, she hands us our menus with a, "Your waiter will be right with you." Than walks away, leaving me alone with this amazing man who has been there for me through so much.

"Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you, Sev?"

"Oh I'm sure you have Lily, but it's always nice to hear," he replies in that teasing tone he reserves just for me.

"Well I really do appreciate everything you've done for Harry and I. You've been amazing," I tell him without looking up from my menu so I can hide the blushing of my cheeks I feel.

"I don't know why you feel the need to hide those beautiful eyes of yours from me Lily. It's like you think doing that hides what you're thinking and what's happening even though I know you so well."

I snap my head up at that, "You promised you'd never use legilimency on me, Severus."

"And I never have Lily. I promise. I just know you, so I know when you're trying to hide something from me."

I blush scarlet at that one. Of course he knows me. We've been friends since we were kids and we met in the meadow. Naturally, he knows all of my tells and when I'm hiding something from him. Granted I know him just as well, which is how I know tonight will be a talk that releases more than one secret.

"Look Severus. I have something I really need to tell you, I'm just not sure where or how to start," I begin.

"Lily there's something I need to tell you as well. But I think I need to go first, in case it changes anything about what you need to say." Severus started, going even paler than usual.

"Sev, what's going on? You're suddenly white as a ghost. Is everything ok?"

"Lily, I want to apologize again for the loss of James. I know you were happy with him and Harry. I feel horrible for what Voldemort did to your family. I also feel like it's my fault."

"How could it be your fault Severus?"

"Well you know I joined up with the Death Eaters after graduation. And I- Merlin's this is hard," Severus started and I see tears start to fall before he can look down.

"Yes, I knew that. I also know that you came back to our side, Severus. So what's going on?"

"I came back to Dumbledore after I found out about the prophecy and learned that Voldemort was going to go after Harry. I was the one who overheard the prophecy and told him about it. But I swear to you Lily, I never imagined that he would go after you and your family."

"Oh Severus I know you would have never intentionally set out to see me hurt like this. I lost my husband and Harry lost his father, but if you hadn't warned Albus beforehand, we never would have made it out and who knows what would have happened? Harry has a chance to have his mother around at least because of that warning. Voldemort is in hiding because he couldn't kill us after what James did. It's ok. It doesn't change how I feel about you."

"What do you mean how you feel about me, Lily?"

"Severus isn't it obvious? I have fallen in love with you after all this time and I want to see where this relationship can go now. You have been my rock through everything over these last two years. A part of me will always miss James, but Harry deserves someone who cares about him in a father role and I deserve to be happy again."

Suddenly Severus stands up and walks to my side of the table, where he grabs my hand and pulls me into his arms before kissing me so passionately, it seems like the world has stopped spinning. When he finally breaks the kiss he says, "I thought I'd never get a chance with you after calling you that horrible word back in school, but I've always loved you Lily. Thank you for not being mad at me after what happened. I've been wracked with guilt for the last two years."

"I know Severus. I can understand that. Like I said though, I know you would never intentionally try to hurt me. It's ok."

Severus lets me go finally and we sit back down in silence so we can order our food. I can't stop smiling, and looking up, I can see Severus is smiling as well. I know that conversation I'll end up needing to have with Sirius and Remus will not be easy, but I will have Severus by my side from here on out, so I know it'll be ok.

________________________________________________________________________________

And it has happened! Lily and Severus will finally be together.... But will Voldemort threaten everything they're starting or will they get to live happily ever after from this point on??? Stay tuned, my fellow Potterheads and Lilverus shippers ~yes I did change their ship name cause I think snilly sounds like a nasty thing you cough up when you're sick ;)~ Love you all, Nikki ❤💚💙💛