The Marauders Dinner

LILY'S POV

Tonight Sirius and Remus are coming over for dinner. Eileen has been so excited to see them since Severus and Harry left. Now hopefully I can get the truth out of those two. Just because I married Severus after Voldemort killed him, doesn't mean I quit loving James. A part of me  will always love James, I just thought it was better to move forward for Harry and I. I see James in everything about Harry, which is probably the main problem for Severus with Harry. Either way, I hope Severus understands that I chose him because I do love him. Nothing changes that.

With all these thoughts running through my mind, I can't help but wonder if it's really a good idea to find out the truth about the part that Peter played in James' murder. I know it'll be better to know the truth, but I have a feeling that once I find out, I won't rest until I get my revenge on the rat if he is the reason my son lost his father, and I lost my true love in James. I'm so lost in the battle with my mind and heart over that thought, I miss the doorbell and am only brought out of my thoughts by the sound of my daughter talking to Sirius and Remus.

"Mommy's in the kitchen making her pot roast still," Eileen is telling them as she walks into the kitchen, pulling Sirius by his arm.

"So that's what smells so good," Remus replies as he trails in behind my daughter and Sirius.

"Hey boys. I've missed you," I say as I hug each of them.

"Missed you too, Lils. Now why the pot roast tonight?" Sirius asks.

"Cause I know it's your favorite Sirius."

"Uh huh. Nothing to do with the talk you expect us to have, huh?" he replies.

Momentarily forgotten, Eileen pipes up, "What talk do you mean, Uncle Sirius?"

"Oh uh, just a talk between us adults. Why don't you drag Uncle Remus to the living room and make him play with your dolls?" Sirius replies quickly, hoping to distract her with no such luck.

I glare at Sirius while Remus smacks him for me and whispers to him, "Good job Padfoot."

"Even if Uncle Remus plays dolls with me, I can still eavesdrop. Have you met my brother, Uncle Sirius?" Eileen says with a smirk.

"Eileen! What is up with that attitude?" I chastise her.

"I'm sorry Mommy. I was just being honest."

"Oh Lils, you can't tell me you're really surprised by that one. One she's your daughter and two, like she said, she is Harry's little sister," Sirius says with his normal barking laugh.

TWO HOURS LATER

We finished eating and I put Eileen to bed, with a lot of argument from her.

"But mom, I wanna stay up and spend time with Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus!"

"Eileen, you need to go to bed! You have school tomorrow! I will not argue with you anymore tonight, bed now!"

"Fine mom," she replies with a glare my way, before she turns to hug her uncles, "Good night Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus."

"Good night Eileen," Remus says as he hugs her back.

"Good night little one,"' Sirius says as he hugs her also.

As she starts to walk out of the living room, I turn to the guys, "I'll be back and than we can have that conversation."

They nod at me as I follow Eileen out of the room and up the stairs to her bedroom. As she starts to climb into bed, I sit down next to her so I can say good night.