Meeting the Marauders

EILEEN'S POV

Harry is going with his uncles for the night today. We just saw them when they met up with us at Diagon Alley where they got Harry and I both birthday presents last week. They gave Harry a snowy owl that he named Hedwig and I guess they got Daddy to say okay to them getting me a kitten. Mommy was shocked that Daddy said it was fine, but was happy all the same that Mr. Lupin and Mr. Black gave me something for my birthday, even though it's still a couple weeks away. I decided to name my kitten Trix since she's so colorful. I'm in the living room with her and mommy when we here a popping noise outside.

"Well that must be Remus here to pick up your brother," mommy says.

I just smile and go back to playing with Trix. She's so much fun and I really do like that Mr. Lupin and Mr. Black gave her to me. Mommy keeps telling me to call them Uncle like Harry does, but I feel weird about it even though they've been around my whole life just like they have with my brother.

REMUS' POV

I'm apparating to pick up Harry, then we're going to use floo powder to get to Sirius' place for the night. Lily offered us a night just the three of us. I don't know which one of them is more excited for this, Harry or Sirius. Every time the three of us get together, Harry asks for stories about James from school. After ten years, the pain has dulled enough that we happily tell him whatever stories he wants to hear.

I apparate onto Lily's back porch just in case muggles are around, so they see me and knock on the door. Harry opens the door and I'm wrapped in a bone crushing hug, "Uncle Remus!!"

"Hey Harry. Ready to go?" I say as I hug him back.

"Yes. Very ready. Trunk is packed and I'm set for our night plus school after this," Harry tells me.

I can't help but laugh at his excitement, it's contagious. I can tell he's happy to be starting school and also for our night away. We've done these a lot over the last few years, but this is the first year that he'll be going to Hogwarts after a night away.

"Well you still have a couple more weeks till school starts, so have you studied any of your books?" I ask as I walk inside with him.

"He better have. Nothing comes easy at Hogwarts," Severus replies before Harry can say anything.

I roll my eyes, "I know that Severus, as I'm sure Harry does as well. That's why I asked if he's been reading his books."

"I have read them Uncle Remus. That's why I'm as excited as I am about school," Harry says, trying to break the tension.

"Good. Well let's get to Uncle Sirius' house and have some fun, shall we? Where's your mom?" I reply.

"Living room by the fireplace with Eileen," Harry says as we head that way.

Walking into the living room, I see Lily with Eileen and smile, "Hey Lily, Eileen. How are you guys? Did you pick a name for the kitten yet?"

"Yes Mr. Lupin. I named her Trix since she's so colorful," Eileen tells me with a shy smile.

"I'm good Remus. Ready for your guys night?"

"Yes," Harry and I reply at the same time.

Lily laughs, "Good. Have fun sweetheart. I'll see you sometime tomorrow."

"Thanks mom. See you tomorrow. Love you, bye." Harry tells her as she hugs him and he bends down to hug and kiss his sister, "Be good, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow Lily. Have a good night, Eileen," I tell her as I turn towards the fire place and grab some floo powder.

"Bye Mr. Lupin. Thank you again for Trix!" Eileen's little voice calls from the floor after she finally lets go of Harry.

"You're welcome sweetie. See you guys later." I say one last time before I step into the green flames and leave.

Harry follows behind me and we arrive at Sirius' place within seconds of each other. I call out for Sirius as soon as we can see again. A voice from the kitchen calls, "In here."

We walk to the kitchen and Sirius goes straight for Harry. When Harry is around, it's easy to forget that James is gone. It really has been like we have Prongs back with Harry here and it's helped in dulling the pain a bit. I watch as one of my best friends and my other best friend's son embrace with smiles, and I know this is going to be a great night.

We all sit down to eat and the conversation quickly turns to the time Sirius and I spent at Hogwarts with James when Harry asks, "So tell me about how you came up with your nicknames."

Sirius and I laugh and Sirius asks, "What do you mean?"

"Why are you Padfoot and why is Uncle Remus Moony?" Harry asks him.

"Well I'm Moony because of what I am, Harry. Sirius is called Padfoot because of his animagi form. Though I'm sure fleabag would've been a better suited nickname for him," I say with a laugh.

"You mean your nickname is because of how the moon affects you and you turn to a werewolf, Uncle Remus? And Uncle Sirius turns to a dog, so you all called him Padfoot," Harry replies.

"Exactly Harry." I tell him sadly.

"Your dad and I transformed into animals that were bigger than Moony here to protect ourselves as well as him when we would roam the grounds. Now us doing this doesn't mean you do the same thing while you're at Hogwarts Harry." Sirius tells him.

"I know Uncle Sirius. I promise that I'll be good. Especially with Severus there," Harry promises.

"Yes well let's not get on the topic of him," I whisper.

"Why not? What happened when you picked him up, Moony?" Sirius asks.

I sigh, knowing this can only end badly in the long run, "Nothing. Severus just made a comment about how he won't give Harry special treatment in his class. It's fine, right Harry?"

"Yea. It's fine. I never would've expected special treatment from him anyways, Uncle Sirius." Harry replies.

We all go back to talking about Hogwarts more. Sirius and I tell stories of our adventures for a few more hours until we're all yawning and I realize Harry can barely keep his eyes open.

"Might be time to get some sleep for the night. It's late and your mom wants you home tomorrow Harry," I finally say.

"Yea I know Uncle Remus. I'll head to bed now. Thank you again for tonight," Harry says as he hugs us goodnight and heads to the room Sirius keeps for him here. Sirius heads to his room and I lay out on the couch, where I fall asleep before too long, plagued by dreams of our school adventures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a new update.... So Eileen got a kitten from Sirius and Remus! How awesome is that?? She gets the kitten to play with especially with her brother leaving soon!! And no major twists and turns here on the story.... decided to keep things calm here at least, but be prepared for some crazy stuff soon! Enjoy 😘 ~Nikki❤💙💚💛