Birthday

HARRY'S POV:
Today is my eleventh birthday. I got my letter from Hogwarts first thing this morning. Mom was excited for me when the owl came through the window, "Oh Harry. It's finally here! You're going to meet some amazing people in school. We'll have to take you to get your books soon sweetie."
"I know Mom. I'm excited to see where you met Dad, Uncle Sirius, and Uncle Remus," I told her with a smile.
Just than my step-father, Severus, walks into the kitchen. He's the Potions teacher at Hogwarts, so I know he'll be one of my professors when I get there in a month. Mom and him met before she met dad, but they just got married a couple years ago. Severus has been around for as long as I can remember, but I'm closer to dad's best friends than I am him. I know Mom loves him which is why I was okay with them getting married, but he always seems so weird towards me.
He kisses Mom on the cheek and nods at me, "Morning Lily. Happy birthday Harry. I see you got your letter finally."
"Yes sir. It just came in now," I reply.
"That's good. You excited for September 1?" he asks me.
"Yes. I'm excited to see where all of you met and to start classes."
"Yes well, your mom and I have already talked about this, so don't expect special treatment just because I'm your step-father. It won't happen, got it?"
"Yes sir. I understand," I reply and than excuse myself to my room.
I know the real reason he acts like this towards me. Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus both tell me I look like dad all the time just with mom's eyes and Severus never got along with dad, so he has a hard time being around me, but he loves Mom so much that he is always nice, just a bit weird. As I'm walking to my room, lost in my thoughts of why Severus is that way, I almost trip over someone on the floor.
"Eileen, what are you doing?" I ask my little sister.
"Just playing with my dolls," she replies with a grin.
"Sure you are. Or were you really trying to eavesdrop on our talk about Hogwarts?" I ask her knowingly with a smile so she knows I'm teasing her.
Eileen goes red, which usually means I caught her eavesdropping when she was trying to be sneaky. I start laughing, causing her to laugh as well, "Ok ok big brother, you caught me. Don't tell mommy or daddy, please? You know how daddy gets if he finds out I'm eavesdropping."
"Don't worry Eileen. I won't say anything. Your secret eavesdropping is always safe with your big brother, ok?"
"Thanks Harry. So which class are you looking forward to the most?"
"I honestly don't know. I think either Defense Against the Dark Arts or Transfiguration. Mom said she loved both, so I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to the most right now. Ask me again after first year is over," I reply with a grin.
"I'm so jealous of you Harry. I wanna go too but I have five more years till my letter comes and you'll be almost done with school by than," she pouts.
"I know little sister, but you'll still have fun when it's your turn. Just wait," I tell her as I mess up her red hair. She looks just like Mom, with Severus' pale skin.
"Harry! You messed up my hair!" she squeals.
I walk away laughing at her and continue to my room. I love being a big brother, and thinking back to when Mom married Severus than had Eileen makes me happy again even though Severus is weird.
FLASHBACK TO 7 YEARS AGO
Mom and Severus are getting married. I'm the ring bearer for them and Aunt Petunia is in the wedding also. I rarely see her, but she's been around more lately since Mom got engaged to Severus. Mom is excited that her sister has come around. None of us really like Uncle Vernon, who's this grumpy fat guy that always has some comment I don't understand at almost four years old, so I just look at him funny. My cousin Dudley is around somewhere too, but I don't like him much either. He always tries to beat up on me and takes my toys, but mom is happy with them here, so I'm hiding from Dudley right now in the room where Mom is getting dressed for the wedding.
After she's ready, we walk down the aisle and they kiss after the minister says some stuff I don't understand still. I guess I should be excited to have Severus in a set role of stepfather but watching Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus around him makes me nervous. Severus looks at them weird and he gives me funny looks too. Uncle Remus says it's cause I look like dad, but I'm not sure what that has to do with it. I'm staying with Uncle Sirius while Mom goes away for a little bit with Severus, which I'm really excited about. Uncle Sirius tells me stories about dad all the time. I like these visits.
FORWARD 10 MONTHS AFTER WEDDING
My fifth birthday was last month and Mom has a huge belly. She says it's cause my baby sister is in there and that her belly will be small again after Eileen is born. Guess I'll find out soon enough cause I just heard Mom yell for Severus.
"Severus! It's time!" Mom yelled.
"Are you sure honey?"
"Yes. We need to get to the hospital now."
Mom called Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus so they could meet us at the hospital. Guess it's time to meet Eileen finally!
PRESENT DAY
Eileen's voice snaps me back to reality, "What are you doing Harry?"
"Was just thinking about the day Mom had you little sister," I tell her with a smile. I really do love this little girl. I've been told that there's a lot of things I'll have to do when I'm older, though I'm still not sure what all of those are. Maybe I'll find out for sure once I get to Hogwarts?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like this was more a filler chapter than anything in particular, but I decided that I wanted Harry to have a younger sibling from Lily & Severus. They obviously chose to name her after Severus' mother, but I had to introduce her somehow and that was this chapter with the time jump. Sorry I skipped over the engagement and wedding, but as I wanted this chapter to be all Harry's POV since it was about his birthday and getting his school letter, I will touch bases again with those in either Snape's or Lily's POV in another chapter and give you their vows with that one. Will probably do that with their anniversary chapter.... so it'll happen soon! Thanks again for the reads and votes 😘 ~Nikki❤💚💙💛