Arriving at Hogwarts

SNAPE'S POV
Checking the time, I realize it's almost time for me to leave so I make it in time for the feast. Good thing about Floo Powder, I can just arrive in my office at least. Another year, more time away from Lily and Eileen. I try to come home more often than not, especially since we had Eileen, but it's not always easy if I give out detentions. With Harry starting this year, keeping our marriage a secret will be harder if I don't put on a show. Lily, luckily understands this, but she hasn't been very happy with me since we talked about it.

FLASHBACK

"Lily I understand you're not happy about this, but I have to pretend not to know him if we want to protect everything we have worked so hard for," I tell her as she glares at me.

"I know that Severus. But do you really have to act like you hate him? I understand that you never got along with James, but why take it out on my son?" she asks.

"I am so sorry Lily. I don't mean to act like that towards him. He just looks so like James, it's hard to take their differences into account."

"I can understand that to Sev. However, don't act like you hate him while he is at Hogwarts. It is okay to act indifferent and like you don't know him. Just don't act like you hate him. He's an eleven year old little boy who doesn't understand yet what he has been destined to do. I'd like to keep it that way for awhile longer."

"I promise Lily that he will understand everything before it's too late."

BACK IN THE PRESENT

My thoughts were interrupted by Lily's voice, "Don't you have to leave soon to make it in time for the feast?"

"Yes. I was just thinking about a few things," I reply.

"Oh okay. Well Eileen was just asking for you. She wants to say bye before you leave."

Right as Lily says this, our daughter comes running into the home office. Lily and I can't help but laugh at her enthusiasm as Eileen jumps onto my lap.

"Daddy do you really have to go?" she asks as she hugs me.

"Yes Eileen. I really have to go to Hogwarts. I have to teach your big brother about Potions in a school setting, not just what you both see me make when I'm home with you," I reply with a smile.

She says her byes and I kiss Lily quickly as it's time for me to leave, "I'll come home as much as I can this year, okay?"

"Okay daddy. See you soon," she says as she jumps up and goes off, probably to play with the cat.

"Bye Severus. See you later. And do try to at least be nice to Harry, won't you?"

"I will of course Lily. I'll see you later," I reply as I throw the green powder into our fire place and say as I step into the fire, "Hogwarts Potions office."

Arriving in my office moments later, I put my things down and hurry to get ready for the feast. I have to be there for the sorting, so I better be quick as the train should be arriving soon, if it hasn't already.

HARRY'S POV

The train is pulling up to the station and I'm in my robes with the other boys. Fred and George told me that our trunks get brought up from the train separately, so we just leave everything here. As we get off the train, a loud voice calls out.

"First years! First years! This way!"

Seeing who the owner of the voice is, I remember what Fred had said on the train. This must be Hagrid, the groundskeeper at Hogwarts. Following him, I get onto a boat with Ron and two other kids starting with us, one of them the girl who came into our compartment asking about a toad.

As soon as we're all on the boat, she finally introduces herself, "Hello. I'm Hermione Granger. And you both are?"

"I'm Harry Potter and this is Ron Weasley," I tell her, than looking at the other boy in our boat as it starts towards the school, "What's your name?"

"I'm Neville Longbottom."

We don't talk much after this because we reach the school grounds fairly quickly and head up to the castle, where we meet a witch waiting for us.

"Hello first years. I am Professor McGonagall and welcome to Hogwarts. Soon, we will head through these doors where you will all be sorted into one of the four houses; Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. I am the head of house for Gryffindor. Any rules you break will lose your house points, any triumphs and you may gain your house points. Follow me and the sorting will begin," she tells us.

We all walk through the dining hall and up to the front of the room. There are a lot of us to be sorted, so it may take awhile. Professor McGonagall calls us one by one, finally reaching me. After putting the sorting hat on my head, I hear a small voice, "Hmmm plenty of courage, a lot of ambition now where to put you?"

"Anything but Slytherin. Just not Slytherin," I whisper.

"Well if you're sure not Slytherin, it'll just have to be," the hat whispers before yelling the last word, "GRYFFINDOR!"

The whole Gryffindor table goes crazy and starts cheering, I hear Ron and the twins yelling, "We got Potter! We got Potter!"

I look up at the Professor's table and notice that Professor McGonagall is smiling and the professor with the long white beard seems to have a twinkle in his eyes. Does he know me already and I just don't remember him?

Once everyone is sorted, Malfoy of course ending up in Slytherin, the professor with the long beard, goes over a couple things. The third floor corridor is apparently off limits as is the Forbidden Forest. I find out from the twins that he's actually Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster. Mom has actually mentioned him to me, I just don't remember ever meeting him.

I look up and see Severus watching me while talking to another professor and suddenly my scar has a searing pain. What the? That's never happened. So I turn to Percy and ask him, "Who's the professor talking to Professor Snape?"

"Oh that's Professor Quirrell. He's a new professor this year, teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts," Percy tells me.

I go back to eating, thinking about my scar and how it hurt out of nowhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another update!!! Harry has finally arrived at our beloved school! Alright loves, so I'm gonna try to update at least a couple times a week now with work slowing down a bit.... It's been a crazy few weeks so I wanted to get this update out to kind of make up for how long it was before I updated the last time 😘 love you all! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Nikki❤💚💙💛