The Story

HARRY'S POV
I woke up this morning to the smell of breakfast. Uncle Sirius must be cooking, which he always does when I spend the night here. I love getting this time with dad's best friends. They always tell me these stories about things that happened when they were in school at Hogwarts. Listening to all of these stories only makes hope I can find friends like them when I'm there in a few weeks. I quickly get changed and head to the kitchen.
"Morning Uncle Sirius, Uncle Remus," I say.
"Morning Harry," they reply at the same time.
"How'd you sleep?" Uncle Sirius asks.
"Great. Always great here. Visiting with you guys seems to keep the nightmares at bay," I reply honestly.
"Have you told your mom about them?" Uncle Remus asks.
"No. I don't want her to worry about me leaving for Hogwarts," I tell him as I sit at the table.
Uncle Sirius laughs at the comment, "You're her son, she's always gonna worry about you Harry."
"I know what you mean. Just don't want it worse," I tell him with a small smile.
"Do you want to talk about the nightmares?" Uncle Remus asks with concern in his voice.
"Sure. I have questions about them. They always come back to the same thing, with a cold voice that laughs as it says something and I remember a light. But it all confuses me, Uncle Remus," I reply.
"How so?"
"Has anyone ever heard Voldemort's voice aside from his followers and the people he's killed?" I ask.
Uncle Sirius sighs and looks at Uncle Remus who nods. I'm taking this as a signal to something, especially when Uncle Sirius starts to tell me something I never expected to hear.
"Harry, I'm going to tell you something that we swore not to talk about until you asked about it. The night your mom escaped that house with you, there was a moment where she didn't think you guys would make it out. Your dad threw himself in between Voldemort and your mom so she could apparate out with you. By the time Voldemort used the killing curse on James, your mom got out and made it to my house. The second she told me what had happened, I apparated to the house and Remus met me there. We found Voldemort still in the house with your dad's body and we both lost it. Voldemort was weakened for some reason, so it was easy for us to overpower him but he ended up getting away and has been in hiding ever since. We don't know exactly what happened, but the light you see in those nightmares is very possibly the light from the killing curse and it's Voldemort's voice you hear laughing."
I sit there, stunned to silence for several moments before I finally ask, "Is the light green for that curse?"
Uncle Remus goes white and replies, "Yes."
I can't speak. I can feel my face getting hot and before I know it, there's tears falling. Uncle Remus' voice finally brings me out of my trance.
"Harry are you ok?"
It was in this moment that I decided that I would do exactly what would help me move forward and I reply to Uncle Remus, "I will be. But I want revenge. He took my dad, I'll take him down eventually."
Something like pride comes across the faces of my uncles and Uncle Sirius replies, "You better throw yourself into school than Harry. That's what will train you for what you're talking about here."
"I promise you both, I will excel in school and make all you proud. Especially dad," I tell them.
They both just smile at me. I know they believe me when I say this. I've been excited for Hogwarts for the last six years since mom told me about it. Now there's even more to be excited for and I will throw myself into my studies to perfectly plan out my revenge. We know Voldemort is still out, but he's just wasting time till he's strong enough to come after us.
I finally break the silence and ask, "Can you tell me the story of how you guys became friends?"
"Well James and I met on the train. We got along almost instantly, after we got past the last names and talked. As a Potter, your dad was a Gryffindor through and through. But as a Black, I was supposed to be a Slytherin through and through. I didn't agree with my family's views though, so that helped. After I was sorted into Gryffindor with your dad, we became best friends from that point on. Than we met Remus and well he can tell you that side," Uncle Sirius says.
Uncle Remus laughs, "Well you of course know that I'm a werewolf Harry. Your dad and Sirius were thick as thieves at Hogwarts. I was bitten as a kid and started changing every full moon almost immediately. Even though I disappeared once a month for a couple days, they always noticed and I'd make up crap excuses for it. We became friends in our Transfiguration class actually before they ever said anything, when we were working on a spell. I had some trouble with it, so James jumped in to help and Sirius helped as well. We started studying with each other and became friends from that point on. We had another classmate who hung around with us, but we haven't talked to him in over ten years."
I laugh at how they got to know my dad, "Would that be Peter? I've heard mom mention him to you both, but I've never been sure who you're talking about."
"Yea that would be Peter. Dirty rat," Uncle Sirius says.
"Sirius! Hush!" Uncle Remus yells at him.
"Wait. Why is he a dirty rat? What did he do?" I ask, looking back and forth between my uncles.
"Nothing you need to add to your list right now, Harry," Uncle Remus says, still glaring at Uncle Sirius for spilling the beans about Peter.
"Yea. Don't worry about it right now, Harry." Uncle Sirius adds.
"Ok. I'm gonna pack my stuff to head home than. I'll leave you guys alone while I do that." I reply, unsure about any of this as I stand to walk out of the kitchen. I stop at the door, figuring I'll be able to eavesdrop by doing this. Sure enough just a couple minutes pass before I hear their voices again.
"Sirius, we can't tell him that it's because of Peter they were even found. It's not time. He needs to be older," Uncle Remus says.
"I know that Remus. I didn't mean for it slip out about Peter being a dirty rat. He doesn't know yet, so we'll be fine for the time being. Calm the hell down," Uncle Sirius says.
I walk away at this point, I can't listen to anymore than those two statements. So this Peter told Voldemort where my family was to begin with? Great. One more person on my list of revenge. I will take down the entire group. Voldemort and his followers. It's only a matter of time until he comes back. It's not just a matter of when but also if I'll be ready. Time to get things set. I will get my revenge, not just for myself but for my mom as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright so I decided to do this chapter from Harry's POV because I feel like if he'd had some notice of Voldemort he would've wanted revenge on both Wormtail and Voldemort once he knew the truth. Plus I think he'd want to do everything he could to make him ready for Voldemort's return had he known from the beginning what would've happened. Not to mention, I feel like it was time for more stuff to hit the fan. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Sorry it's been a few days since my last update, I was trying to think about how I wanted this to go. Love you guys 😘 ~Nikki❤💚💙💛