I. The Heir

"Otou-san, do I have to accompany you to the meeting this afternoon?" His, more than mature, three year old daughter asked him. Her large emerald eyes looked at him with a look of curiosity.

Fugaku shook his head, "No. The Council's agenda for today does not require your presence." He said as he continued to walk down the garden.

"And last night was?" she questioned him with a hint of humor in her tone, her small feet trying to catch up to his.

"Yes, yes it was."

She nodded, more on respect rather than actually agreeing to her father's words. Sakura knew of her status, both to the Council and to the village. She was the heir to a mighty clan, one who was part of the founding of their village: Konohagakure. She was still young, three years old, barely out of her private studies and lectures, but her presence demanded authority and silence. And she knew that better than anyone.

"Otou-san, Okaa-san must be looking for us now." she reminded him as she looked at the sun's position, it must be already noon, time for lunch.

He nodded as he turned around, "Ah. Let's not keep her waiting, shall we?" He said as he started to walk back to the main house.

Sakura followed behind him with her hands tucked inside her long kimono.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔

"Remarkable as always, Uchiha-sama." Her private tutor, Yoza, said as he laid down her test scores in front of her. "Full marks on everything." His tired eyes looked at her as he smiled, his old age showing through his wrinkles.

Sakura's emerald eyes looked at her papers with disinterest, "Ah." Honestly, the tests weren't really hard. The test consisted the typical who and do's with an essay at the end that needed her opinion on what should one do with something.

Yoza looked at her with his dark brown eyes, "Now," he clapped his hands together, "Let's start a new lesson, shall we?" he said as he put an open scroll in front of her, Sharingan and its functions, it read.

She nodded as she combed her long pink bangs away from her face. Her small fingers touched the scroll, savoring the smooth yet creased paper, no doubt due to years of use. "What is the use of studying something you already have and know, Yoza-sensei?" she asked him with a hint of lackadaisical.

Yoza smiled at her as he hummed, "Knowledge is the key to everything. What is unknown to you is an advantage for your enemy. It's best for one to know his techniques rather than just use it for his amusement." he said.

Sakura surveyed him with a gleam in her eyes, "Were you a ninja, sensei?" She asked him.

He smiled wistfully, "Once."

She nodded, "Ah."

"Well, enough talk about me. Shall we start, Uchiha-sama?" he asked as he sat in front of her desk.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✔

"Sakura," her mother's sweet voice echoed in her room, "Danzo-sama is here to see you." She said.

Sakura momentarily stopped from her reading as she looked at her mother, "Danzo?" She blinked at her.

"One of the council members." Mikoto explained.

"Which one?"

"The one with bandages."

"...Good?"

Her mother frowned, "Bad."

"...Ah."

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

"It has come to my attention that you, the heir to the Uchiha clan, are more than qualified to be a genin." Danzo stated as soon as the pinkette sat in front of him.

Emerald eyes blinked at him.

"The Council has approved of my proposition; to enroll you to the Academy, despite your young age. If you accept, I will be held accountable to anything that happens to you. May it be on the field or inside your very own home, I will be responsible." He continued, "If you decline, well... Let's not get there, shall we?" he smirked at her.

"Is that a threat, Danzo-san?" Sakura said as her narrowed emerald eyes bled crimson.

"No," he leaned forward, "It's a promise."

Sakura raised a brow, "If I accept, then you will technically be my guardian."

Danzo nodded.

"Well then, I have a proposition of my own: If I accept then you will put the Uchiha Clan out of your slimy, vile hands. No schemes against my clan, Danzo-san." She said.

Danzo chuckled, "How do you know that I have schemes against your clan?"

"You look like someone who will use anyone and anything for his amusement." She stated.

Danzo surveyed her for a few moments before he grinned, "If you accept, then I will also accept your proposition alongside my original terms." he said, "However, shall you decline... well, let's not get there, Uchiha."

Sakura raised her chin, "Well, let's not."

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘

Uchiha Sakura

Parents: Uchiha Fugaku and Uchiha Mikoto

Age: 5 years old

Gender: Female

Affiliation(s): Uchiha Clan,            Konohagakure

Birthday: March 28

Status: Uchiha Heiress

    Chunnin

Team: Team 7 (until present)

Emerald eyes narrowed as she pouted. 'Stupid Ryuu.'

"Is it Ryuu again?" Her teammate, Takeshi, asked her.

Sakura sighed as she looked at the twelve year old, "Who else?"

"True." Takeshi chuckled as he scratched his spiky brown hair. "Just leave him, he's noisier than usual because he wasn't able to pass the Chunnin exams." He said as he looked at a rambling redhead with gold eyes. Takeshi's brown eyes softened as he looked back at Sakura.

"Congratulations, Sakura." He said as he gave her a big smile, "You did great."

Sakura looked at him before she sighed, "Thank you. But you're faking it again."

"...Huh?"

"I don't like it when people smile just to hide their tears. If you want to cry, then cry."

Takeshi sighed, "I'm not sad, Sakura-chan. Disappointed, maybe. But...never sad. I'm optimistic like that." He grinned.

Sakura sighed as she gave him a smirk, "If you say so."

"OI!" Ryuu yelled as he ran towards the seating duo.

"I was rather enjoying the moment, Ryuu." Takeshi pouted.

"Don't care!" Ryuu stuck his tongue out, "But seriously though! I can't believe I wasn't able to pass the exams! Agh!! Sensei's probably sad that his 'wittle childrens weren't able to pass the big, bad exams'" He dramatized.

Sakura huffed, "I don't know about you, but I passed." She teased.

"... 'Ya know, I liked yah better when you were quiet and brooding. Can you go back to that phase, Sakura-chan?" Ryuu glared.

Sakura smirked at him.

✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘✘✔✘✘✘✘✘