Chapter 6

There was another knock at Karma's door, politer than rushed. Karma groaned and rolled out of bed. The sun was rising when the knock came, and Karma was hoping to sleeping in. The knock came again. "Coming, coming." Karma muttered, as she reached the door. She opened to reveal a soldier, and in his hands a letter. He handed it to her.

"Sorry to disturb you, Creator, but I received this note from a messenger bird." The soldier said. He took a step back, waiting for the command to leave.

"Thank you," Karma said, looking at the letter than the soldier. "You may go back to your post." The soldier bowed and took his leave. Karma study the letter, then she called for the soldier. "Wait!" She called. The soldier paused, turned on his heels and made his back.

"Yes?" He inquired.

"Stay there for a moment." Karma said, as she disappeared into her room. She returned with three rolled up pieces of paper, handing them to the soldier, she continued to talk. "Give these to Omar, Dagner, and Head-Council Marcus, will you please? And tell them it's urgent." The soldier took the papers, bowed, then went to do his new task.

----

Head-Council Marcus was in no mood to play ring-around-the-Rosie with the Creator. His patience was wearing thin, and he did not like being waken up at the break of dawn. Around the council room table sat the elves, Omar and his wife, Mika, along with the drunken dwarf, Dagner, and a few of council members, who had agreed to join this morning's meeting. The only person who was missing was the Creator herself. This only anger him more. "Well?" He snapped. "Where the is she? After all, she did call this meaning." Omar shrugged.

"She's probably on her way, right now. Just be patient." Omar said, tiredly.

"My patience's is wearing thin, elf. If does not show up this minute-" the doors to the room suddenly creaked opened and Karma squeezed her way through, along with Angel. She strode to the table, breathlessly. "Well," the head said. "It's about time you showed up." Karma narrowed her eyes. "Why have you called us." Karma took a deep breath and told them about the letter sent to her by a messenger bird. She took the letter out from her satchel and put it on the table. The letter was folded neatly in a perfect square with the name "Creator" written neatly on the smooth side.

"What does it say, Lass?" Dagner asked, leaning forward to get a better look at the letter.

"No clue," she said. "I haven't opened it yet. "

"You hadn't opened it yet?"  Head-Council Marcus said, irritably.

"No." Karma said. "But I have a theory that it might be important, so that's why I called you here." The look that the Head was giving Karma, did not show any emotion. He sat there, fingers twitching slightly on the table.

"Well, I bet we are very curious to know what the letter says," Mika said, trying to cool down the tension. "So, what don't you read it, Creator?" Karma nodded and opened it slowly, she skimmed the letter before she read it aloud:

Dear Creator,

Parton my intrusion, you must be very busy, but my people need your help. Ogres had invaded my Clan and are enslaving them. I fear the worst for them. We are in need of desperate help, please help us. The Festival of Light is nearly upon us, I dread when the day comes and there are no more sprites to celebrate that glorious day. My people are faded, Creator, please help us.

~Queen Luska of the Sprites

"Queen Luska!" Dagner exclaimed. Karma had heard of Queen Luska. She is the queen of the sprites, a nice, fair queen, the Clans had described her. And now, she had messaged Karma to help her and her people. Karma looked at her companions, waiting for their opinion. She especially looked at Omar.

"It sounds like to me," Omar said. "That the sprites are in dire need of your assistance, Creator." Mika nodded in agreement.

"Something must be done," Mika said, then all attention went to Head-Council Marcus. The Head froze as all eyes landed on him. He met Karma's endless stared. I'm going to regret this, he thought angrily to himself. 

"I guess you have no other choice, Creator." He said, solemnly. "This is your decision. I only ask that you heave my warning. For no matter how many Clans are in trouble, you must think what is right for you and the kingdom, who is waiting penitently for a new ruler. Don't just do something because you think it's right." The meeting was dismissed after that, and the companions began to plan their journey.

*1 "stella" ~ "star"