Chapter 26

It only took about nine minutes for us to reach the cemetery. Dean parked the car and the four of us climbed out.

"I can't believe this is where you live." Dean said.

"Is it really that's hard to believe." I asked.

"Vampire." Spike reminded them like they had forgotten.

"Where's your crypt?" Sam asked.

"It's the big one in the center." He answered.

"Lead the way my bleached blonde friend." I told him.

He looked agitated. Like he wanted to say something but instead mumbled to himself and walked away.

Dean followed closely behind him, not wanting to let him out of his sight. I lingered behind as I enjoyed the cool night air. I looked over to see Sam walking next to me, smiling at me.

"What?" I asked as we continued to follow Spike.

"It's just funny that this is the most relaxed I've seen you and were walking through a cemetery." He answered with a soft chuckle.

"I guess you have a point but believe it or not this is the most peaceful place in Sunnydale." I told him.

"This really is one strange town." He said.

"Well it's perfect for all the really strange creators that live here." I told him.

"I mean from what I have seen it's a beautiful town." He continued as if he was trying to say something nice so he would not offend me.

I could not help but laugh causing Spike and Dean to look back at us.

"Were latterly standing in the center of a shit hole that was built on a hell hole." I replied.

We both laughed causing Spike to throw something at me.

"Ow." I said as I rubbed my forehead.

"Stop being so chipper." He said to me.

"Plus were here." He told us as he pushed open the crypt door.

Clem was sitting in Spikes recliner watching soap operas. He jumped up when the door opened with a loud creak. A bowl of popcorn flew up over his head sending popcorn flying everywhere. He shot up from his chair and spun around fear written all over his face.

"Oh it's just you." He said as he relaxed.

"I thought it was someone dangerous." Clem told Spike.

"Hey I'm plenty dangerous." Spike shot back.

"Well maybe back in the William the Bloody days or early Spike. But post Buffy Spike not so scary." He finished.

I could not help but chuckle at him. Clem really was the sweetest Kitten eating Daemon ever. He looked over to me and smiled before running over to me wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back.

"Oh Destiny how have you been?" He asked.

"Good, good. You?" I asked.

"Same just hanging out." He answered.

"You brought friends." He said as he looked to Sam and Dean standing behind me.

He held out his hand to them waiting for them to take it and shake.

"High I'm Clem." He said but neither of them took it.

They both looked at him strangely obviously confused, and disgusted.

He pulled his hand back not affected much by it.

"Yeah I get that a lot. It's all the skin." He said to them before looking back to me.

"Why are you here?" He asked me.

"What I could not just pop buy to see old friends." I asked.

"If I didn't know you so well, but we both know you're working." He answered.

"Your right." I told him causing him to smile reviling his sharp teeth.

"What do you know about the water in Camp Crystal lake?" Dean asked then rolled his eyes.

"I can't believe those words came out of my mouth." He finished.

"Not much except that a jar of the stuff can be sold for a few thousands bucks." He answered.

"Who would pay for lake water?" Sam asked.

"Everyone." He answered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Some healing property in the water." He answered.

"But kids swim in their everyday." Spike asked.

"It does not affect the young only the old." He answered.

"Sounds like something worth protecting." Dean said.

I thought about what Dean and Clem had both just said.

"I think I found the missing link." I said to the boys.

"We need to get back to the hotel." I said as I rushed out of the crypt.

"Bye!" I heard Clem yelled out after me.