Lovers and Mothers

Rydel's pov

"Too late."Someone spoke.

"What?!"

Ratliff came out from behind the plant pot. "R-r-Ratliff?!"

"Yeah," he avoided eye contact, "I kind of heard what you said."

WHAT?! I can't let him know about my feelings!

I'm pretty sure that Laura could feel the tension,

"I think, I'll leave you guys alone." I just stared at Ratliff- not saying anything. I think Ratliff murmured something.

Laura left.

"So, what did you hear?" I asked.

"You like me."He blurted out.

That's the think about Ratliff- he just gets to the point- he doesn't ramble on.

"Yeah,"I mumbled and looked down. "but you obviously don't like me back."

"WHAT?!"Ratliff looked shocked. Why did he look so angry?! "How could you say that?! I'm the one who had to wait for you to get over your crush! I'm the one who had to wait to finally get paired up with you! I'm the one who needs you more than you need me! I'm the one who feels like you still don't like me, and your just using me as a date to see Calum!" He blurted, again.

"Y-y-you waited for me?"I stuttered. "You n-n-need me? I'm not using you Ratliff, I wanted to come on a date with you. How could you say that?"

He calmed down,"I just feel that because I love you, you don't l-l-love me."

I walked over to him. I think I am ready. I'm ready for my first kiss.

We leaned in at the same time.

It was beautiful. I felt so many things. Sure, there were fire crackers and sparks, but there were many emotions, too- hope, joy and love.

We pulled apart and we were both grinning, widely.

My smile turned to a frown, "What about Kelly?"

"Oh, yeah Kelly and I broke up a while back. When I discovered I had feelings for you, I didn't really put much passion into our relationship, so we decided to break up."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Inside I was having a happy fit. Can you have a happy fit?

"No, it doesn't matter."He pulled me into a hug, but quickly pulled away. "I was your first kiss! You think that I'm the right one for you?!" He looked so happy.

"Yes, I do. I think you're the right one."

_______________________

Laura's pov

After the enjoyable date, Ross, Rydel, Ratliff and I decided to come home - Ross's home.

We arrived to greet Riker. Or should I say meet?

"Hey Riker, sup?"Ross said.

"Hey Riker!" I spoke.

"Hey,"Riker replied.

"Hey bro-

"Ratliff?!"Riker interrupted. Oh no- here we go."Why did you go on a date with my sister?"

Rydel had tears forming in her eyes, "How do you know that we went on a date?"

"Because-

"Nerve mind that question," Rydel realised. " How do you know that he didn't go on a date with Laura?"

Ross flinched. I noticed- stroking his arm.

"Because Ross and Laura are dating," Ross looked a lot happier- swinging his arm around me. Riker continued. "and you wouldn't date your own brother."

Darn, he was smart. No, I'm joking- it wasn't a hard question.

"So, what if I'm happy? You just have to ruin the happiest day of my life! You're not my mother!"

Ratliff murmured something like, "Happiest day of my life, too.

"I love him, and you won't get in the way! Who are you, to tell me who I can date?! My love life huias was not yours!"

"LOVE! You don't know what love is!"Riker shouted.

"NO! YOU don't know what love is! You have too high a wall that no-one, not now, can break down! Until, you lower your guard, you won't find love. I have. What am I? OH, YEAH, IM JUST 22!" With that she stormed off.

Ratliff said bye.

Ross tried to grab me onto the sofa but I ran off to Rydel.

I calmed her down and she changed into her pyjamas.

I sat next to her, although she was lying down inside the covers. She soon fell asleep.

I ran downstairs and jumped onto the sofa.

"Finally." Ross kissed me. My cell phone interrupted.

"Hello? Jakey! I miss you, too! I love you!"

Right then I looked at Ross. Fire burning in his eyes. He asked me .One word:"LOVE?!"