Fell asleep and Jealousy

Rydel's pov

He eavesdropped! Or was I just speaking really loudly?!

He looked nervous, like I was hiding something.

"Um. He's my old friend from school. Why?"I snapped.

His face wasn't easy to read.

"No reason,"and he went out of my room.

Laura's pov

Ross and I were watching T.V. when Ratliff came downstairs.

"Hey, what's up with you Ratboy?" He looked really down. He was supposed to be the happiest, keep- everyone's-spirits-up-kind of guy.

He looked down at his feet.

"Rydel has a friend called Derek, 'from school'. She told me that he was her friend from school. I heard them speaking on the phone, earlier. She sounded really happy."

I went over and gave him a hug. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ross glaring. For goodness sake! We're cousins!

"Aww, bro, are you jealous?"Ross asked.

Ratliff, being the honest person he is, replied,"Maybe, a little."

He blushed.

"Aww! Elly! If you hurry up and ask her to be your girlfriend then you won't have to worry about this guy."I cheered him up.

"If she accepts,"Ross butted in.

I glared at him.

"Anyway, you need to talk to her soon."

With that he went to bed.

Ratliff's pov

I stood there. Watching. Watching the most heart breaking scene ever.

Infront of me were Rydel and Derek.

I had just asked Rydel to be my girlfriend, and she accepted. I was the happiest man on earth. She went out 'shopping'. I went for a walk. I saw her. Hand in hand with Derek. I recognised him as she kept talking to him.

Then I saw it.

Something I wish I never saw.

She kissed him.