A Rose and a Spider

(Alois x Reader)

AUTHORS NOTE:

You replace Hannah in this fan-fiction. As in, you are the maid, and Hannah doesn't exist, kinda. Yes- I know that's not how it goes in the anime, but I really don't care. Fan FICTION- amiright? Also, there may be some Claude x Reader moments- but you'll end up with Alois, I assure you. And also, sorry if you don't like this one, I'm not sure if I did well with Alois. Oh well.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

~§~

"_____!!!!!" The yell of a bratty child rang throughout the house. You sighed, setting down your broom quickly, rushing toward Alois's bedroom. You were a rather young maid, considering the only reason you went into this profession is because you were promised a place to call home after becoming an orphan and unwanted by the rest of your family.

Even still, Young Master had you working your butt off. He was your age, but yet treated you like some... Some...

"_____!!!!!!!" The voice grew more impatient, and you picked up the hems of your skirts, sprinting towards the room, composing yourself before walking in.

"_____, why on EARTH did you take so long to get up here!?" Alois's blue eyes stared at you, holding utter disgust in them.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, I did not mean to displease you. I was just-"

"I do not have time for such a petty excuse as yourself!!!" You felt a sharp pain spread throughout your cheek as the back of his hand whacked you. You didn't move, considering you were rather use to this abusive treatment. The only one he cared about was Claude, the rest of just got bruised.

You remained quiet, hanging your head. Alois was taller than you, and made you fell so tiny, and weak. But yet you were drawn to his sassiness, and knew there was more to him than just cruelty. You could hear him sobbing every now again late at night as you made your final rounds, and that tugged at your heart as well. You refused to believe Trancy was all hate.

"Are you even LISTENING? Why did Claude recruit such a stupid tart!" A foot hit your gut, and were knocked back, falling down, shamed. Your breath became uneven, and you felt blood drip from the corner of your mouth. You quickly placed a hand under your jaw as to not get any on the floor.

"You're so pathetic, ____... Why do I even waste my time with you? All I wanted was for you to lace my boot again, and you can't even do THAT properly. How ridiculous!" Another burst of pain ran through you legs as you braved another kick.

"Leave my sights, now. I'll just, like always, get Claude to do it, bitch." You gulped, standing up and bowing, swiftly turning and walking out of the room.

A hot bath.

You need a hot bath.

A dream that would have to wait. You would definitely pamper yourself later tonight though. You've been at the Trancy mansion for at least a month, and not once have you had time for yourself. You would make sure that happened tonight.

Especially since it was your birthday that everyone forgot about.

But no matter, you still had a hall to sweep and windows to scrub and blood to draw, for the day was no where near over.

You returned to the your original position, picking up your broom delicately, and continuing your job.

A few minutes in, a hand on your shoulder made you freeze.

"Hello, _____, what are you doing...?" A man with glasses stares down at you.

Claude. You heart skipped a beat. You never liked him "like that", for Heaven's sake he was at least ten years older than you, but he was ravishingly, creepily, handsome.