A Single Night, A Single Dance

(Ciel x Reader)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I thought I had something to say. Uhm. Sorry if I don't exactly get characters write...(PUN. GET IT. No...? Okay...)

"Another ball?" Ciel glared at the letter. Alois had invited him once more to a stupid dance, and he knew how bad it would look if he didn't go.

"Yes, Bocchan. Would you like me to prepare your outfit?" Sebastian picked up the empty tea cup and sat it on a tray.

Ciel nodded, and the butler left the room.

Another ball...

Would you be there again?

Ciel's mind wandered to the last dance he attended that was hosted by Master Trancy. He remembered that night perfectly, from start to finish.

~»«~

Sebastian opened the door of the carriage, and the dark-haired boy stepped out with upmost grace. The ball had already started, and he, like always, was fashionably late. Trancy's butler opened the doors for the two men.

What was his name again? Clay? Cole? It began with a C. Either way, the tension between him and Sebastian seemed rather high.

"Let's get this over with..." Ciel muttered, clearly displeased with the idea of dancing.

He walked into the room, and the sound of light music filled his ears. People were spinning and gossiping all over. Food was set up neatly to one side. Alois was pointing at someone and laughing as Carl, his butler, watched with an unamused look.

It was just like every other gathering. Ciel sighed, already wanting to go home.

He leaned against the wall casually, continuing to scan the room, staring at all the adults.

Maybe he would enjoy this if there were more people his age-

Ciel stopped breathing for a second, choking on air. A girl across the room had caught his eyes, and he didn't want to let her go.

She looked about his age, a dark purple dress covering her (s/c) skin, complimenting it rather nicely. Her eyes were bright as she looked up at the chandelier, a pretty smile playing on her lips.

She seemed stunning, no, she was stunning. Ciel had never seen her before. Why was she here?

"My lord, what are you staring at that's so captivating?" Sebastian noticed the one eye of his master staring across the room.

"Who is she, Sebastian?" Ciel nodded to the girl.

"Her...? It seems you're talk about Master Trancy's fiancée. They have only been engaged for around a month."

The female shifted her eyes, meeting Ciel's halfway covered pair. She smiled, and lifted her fingers in a small wave. He nodded once more in return, and without a second thought, he started toward her.

"Y-young master?" Sebastian stares after him. The girl was twirling through the crowd towards Ciel, and he trying not to trip to get to her.

The dancers separated them, and the frustration grew. He just wanted to meet her. And now it was taking forever just to get to her.

"Oof!" A voice called out. Ciel turned to see the maiden on the ground, as she had just landed on her bottom.

He tried to seem unsuspicious, meandering over rather speedily to assist the girl.

Her face was down, and she looked completely red with embarrassment.

"Would you like a hand?" Ciel reached down to help her up. She smiled shyly, continuing to stare at the ground, taking his fingers with her own.