carry you home; alex summers

When you first knew you were in love with Alex, was when you were cuddling after sex, his hands messing with the bottom of your hair. You could feel his breathing on your neck, pressing a kiss to your shoulder.

The second time you new you were in love with Alex was when you two were dancing at a dance that Charles' had held for the students and teachers at Xavier's.

The way he grinned when he looked at you, his eyes full of pure joy. You couldn't express how you felt.

The third time you knew you were in love with Alex was when you first told him. You held his cheeks in your hands as you hovered above him, and the smile that appeared on his face, god, that smile.

The fourth time you knew you were in love with Alex was when he told you he was drafted into war. It made his heart break to see all the tears stream down your face, grabbing you and holding you as close as possible.

The fifth time you knew you were in love with Alex was the day before he went to war, and he got down on one knee, asking you to be his one and only for the rest of his life, placing a ring on your finger.

The sixth time you knew you were in love with Alex was when you were at the airport with his family and other loved ones, watching him go onto the plane, heading off to war.

The seventh time you knew you were in love with Alex was when a man came to your door, telling you news you never wanted to hear.

The eighth time you knew you were in love with Alex was when you were dressed in all black, watching the rain fall onto the grass.

Maybe it was the situation you were in, or the way you were dressed — or maybe it was just the fog, but everything seemed so dark and gloomy, like it was a damn movie.

You read the words that were spelled out on his grave, and you couldn't breath. God, you couldn't breath. You felt as if the world had fallen around you, as if all the walls you built just tumbled to the ground.

You were still in love with him, no matter what.

A/N: damn savannah back at it again with the angst train