Chapter 28

I felt hands shaking me awake as a voice softly called my name. When I opened my eyes, I found Roy standing there, still dressed in his Arsenal gear.

"Hey, Ems. Thea needs some stitches if you're feeling up to it." he said quietly.

"Yeah, just give me a second." I said, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

A minute later, I went over and sat on the stool that was located in the medical area of the lair and rolled so that I was positioned in front of Thea. She pulled up the hem of her leggings to reveal a gash on the back of her calf. I made her lay down on the bed and I got to work stitching her up.

"All done." I said, taping a bandage on top and pulling her pant leg back down over it.

"Thank you." she said, hopping down and slowly making her way over to one of the rolling chairs.

I cleaned up the medical area before joining everyone over by the computers. Roy held out his arms and I sat on his lap, leaning back and relaxing against his chest. He kissed my neck lightly and I smiled, enjoying the calmness that washed over me.

"How has your pregnancy been so far?" Felicity asked, turning to face me.

"It's been pretty good. I've had a little bit of morning sickness, but nothing like when I was pregnant with Noah. Grapes and pickles have been my main cravings and I can't even think about coffee without wanting to throw up, but other than that everything has been relatively normal. I just feel incredibly bloated all the time." I said with a laugh.

"I'm glad things are going well for you. My dad dropped something off for you while you were asleep." Laurel said, handing me a box wrapped in blue wrapping paper.

I peeled off the paper and opened the box to reveal a stuffed elephant with a card that read "Congratulations, Emma and Roy. I'm so happy for the two of you. Love, Captain Lance."

"That was so sweet of him. I'll have to write him a thank-you note." I said, running my fingers along the soft fabric of the elephant's ears.

"I hate to break up this moment, but there's a bad guy trying to steal stuff in the Glades." Felicity said, looking up from her computer.

I automatically stood up to help but stopped when I felt a wave of nausea. I ran to the trashcan and threw up as Roy raced over and held my hair and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Do you want me to stay here with you?" Roy asked when I had finished.

I shook my head and took a sip of the water that Oliver offered to me.

"They need your help. Go kick some ass." I said, slowly making my way over to one of the chairs and sitting.

"Emma, it's just a robbery. There will be plenty more and do they really need five vigilantes to take down one guy?" Roy asked.

"That's a fair point. I think we can get by with four vigilantes this time." Laurel said with a small laugh.

I nodded, secretly grateful that Roy was staying. I wasn't feeling very good and all I really wanted was to cuddle with him and Riley and take a long nap.

"What's going on in that head of yours, baby?" Roy asked, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Not much. I'm just really tired and my nausea is obviously getting the better of me." I admitted.

Roy nodded understandingly and kissed my forehead. He took Riley from Felicity and brought her over to me, placing her on my lap. I smiled and popped a piece of gum in my mouth before kissing my daughter's cheeks. Riley giggled and squirmed, making me smile.