Chapter 31 - Epilogue

Roy pressed a soft kiss to my lips as rose petals fell around us, his fingers gripping the soft white fabric that cascaded around me. We broke the kiss as the audience cheered.

"I love you so much, Emma Marie Harper," Roy whispered.

"I love you too. I love you and our babies and I'm so happy I get to call you my husband," I whispered back.

We broke apart and Roy took my hand in his. I smiled as I felt the cool metal of his brand new wedding ring against my skin. Felicity handed Riley to Roy and Oliver handed me my son. Kaiden was now almost six months old and the scar on my abdomen was finally healed. While his birth had been traumatic for everyone involved, Kaiden was the healthiest and happiest baby.

We walked back up the aisle, hand in hand, holding our babies and smiling like idiots. I had never been so happy and my heart had never felt more full. My eyes came to rest on the two empty chairs in the front row. Both had a place card on them, one saying "Father of the Bride" and the other saying "Noah Harper-Maxwell."

Roy squeezed my hand and I looked over at him as we kept walking.

"They're here. I can feel it," I said quietly.

"Me too, baby. Me too."

In the months after our wedding, Roy and I took a break from fighting crime. We spent as much time as possible with our kids and I was promoted to Chief of Surgery at the hospital. We joined "Team Arrow" occasionally, usually when they needed extra bodies to take down particularly large groups of bad people. I also was somewhat of an on-call doctor for the team when someone got seriously injured.

Starling City surprised me in the end. It went from a place filled with memories of loss and pain to one of hope and love. I was married to the man of my dreams and had two beautiful children. We were both able to raise our kids and do what we loved. The thought of Starling City no longer felt like an arrow in the heart.