You can cut the tension with knives (D.W)

Imagine: you and Dean get in a fight over a pair of knives your dad got you

"DEAN WINCHESTER," you yelled at the top of your lungs forcefully pushing the door to his room open. He was sitting up in his bed, a small smirk plastered onto his face, and a book pressed firm against his hands.

"Yes?" he questioned cockily, his eyes glued to the small print on the pages.

"Where are they?"

"Depends. What are you looking for?"

"My knives," you replied hastily through gritted teeth.

"Oh well then I can't help you with that one"

"Cut the crap Dean, I put them in the safe and now they're gone. Sam hasn't been in there for the past three days, so you're the only one who could've taken them."

"Chill (Y/N), maybe you should just look again," his voice was just the slightest bit higher than normal and you squinted your eyes at the familiar tone. The three of you could read each other in an instant, from the way your eyes moved, the angle your shoulders sat, and the pitch of your voice. You knew Dean was hiding something.

You let a frustrated groan fall from your lips as you made your way to his dresser.

"What are you doing?" he asked, looking up from the book to focus his gaze on you.

You ignored him and started opening drawers, searching for the pair of knives your father had given you as a Christmas present when he had finally decided to let you hunt. A small creak from the bed springs sounded as you assumed Dean stood up from the bed.

Your hands had managed to shuffle through the first two drawers, before you felt a strong grip on your forearm stopping you from pulling the next drawer open.

"Get off of me," you spoke irritated, attempting to push him off of you, his grip only tightening on your arm. He pulled you away from the dresser, an annoyed squint present on his face. Before he got a word out of his mouth, a small glimmer from beneath his bed caught the corner of your eye.

"Unbelievable," you nearly shouted, reaching down to receive the weapons. "Why are you so annoying?" you muttered.

"Well you're no ball of sunshine either sweetheart," he said mockingly.

"Oh wow, thanks," you spoke nonchalantly.

He chuckled dryly, "you can dish it out but you sure can't take it, can you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" you asked slightly offended.

"It means that lately you've been acting like a real brat, and it's getting on my nerves."

Your mouth hung slightly agape at the last insult, and you felt anger pulse through you, the word brat lingering in the air.

"Why can't you be more like Sam?" you whispered under your breath, only supposed to be loud enough for you to hear.

"What'd you say?" he asked through gritted teeth, his eyes narrowing.

"You heard me," you spat.

"Yeah, I did," the intensity in his voice frightened you a little, but you weren't about to back down now.

"Sam actually respects me, and doesn't take my stuff," you yell.

"Hey leave me out of this!" The tall blonde shouted from another room.

Dean reached down and grabbed your arm again, enabling you from moving.

"Listen. I don't know what's gotten into you lately, but you're acting like a b-" he started.

"Don't you dare," you said dangerously, cutting him off.

"A bitch." he finished, and before he could blink, your free arm swung up, his hand just barely stopping it before it hit his cheek.

"(Y/N) (Y/M/N) Winchester, did you just swing at me?" he asked disbelievingly. You didn't answer, just continued to glare at him in anger.

"You deserved it" I mumbled inaudibly.

"That's it. You're grounded." His voice was eerily calm, and it sent a small shiver up you're spine.

"What?"

"You heard me. No more phone for  two weeks, and you'll stay in the hotel for our next hunt," he said in a dominant tone. It took you a minute to actually comprehend he wasn't joking.

"You can't ground me," frustration flowed from your lips.

"Yes, (Y/N), I can," he said very seriously.

"You're not dad."

At that, his eyes shot up, and you could see the anger filling them up again.

"No, I'm not dad (Y/N). He's dead. Gone. So as of now, I'm the closest thing you have and will ever have. Now I wouldn't ruin it, so if I were you, I'd go to my room." The tone in his voice was almost threatening, so you decided to retreat before either of you did anything else you regretted.

You slammed the door to your room shut and flipped down onto your bed, burying your face in the soft pillow. You screamed as loud as you could to get all of the frustration out, the pillow muffling the sounds.

You felt bad for the things you'd said to Dean, but it wasn't completely inaccurate.

The words brat and bitch echoed in your head, and you couldn't believe your brother had actually said the things he had.

A single tear rolled down your cheek, but you quickly wiped it away as a small knock sounded against your door.

"Come in." You were expecting to see Sam, but instead, Dean stood in the door frame. You groaned and rolled over so you were facing the other direction.

"I don't really want to talk to you right now."

"I know," he said, sitting down on the side of the bed anyways.

"Look, I realize what I said was harsh"

"Harsh? You called me a bitch." You said, trying to  stop the tears from falling from your eyes, to no avail.

"(Y/N)" he whispered, and you could tell his heart was breaking. He didn't mean the things he said, and to be honest you were kind of at fault as well.

His thumb reached up to wipe the tears from your cheeks, and you leaned into his touch.

"I want you to know that I didn't mean a single word of it. I've been a little bit stressed lately with everything going on, and I know that doesn't give me any excuse to act the way I did, but I hope you can forgive me."

"I'm sorry too. I kind of overreacted. And I said some things I really shouldn't have. I don't want you to be more like Sam, you're perfect just the way you are. Besides, one whining nerd is plenty." I said with a small chuckle.

"Hey I heard that!" Sam called out.

A soft laugh fell from Deans mouth as he leaned over to give you a hug. You snuggled your head into his chest taking in the smell of his cologne, and he planted a light kiss on the top of your head.

"I love you baby girl, you know that right."

"I love you to Dean-o. No matter what."

"No matter what," he repeated with a soft smile.

A/N: so this is my first imagine ever!! I hope you guys liked it and I'm up for any requests if you have any. Thanks for reading!!!!!

-M