We're family, Always

A/N: hey babessss. So this chapter kind of strays from the story line and goes somewhere completely random, so I hope you enjoy it!

It was late afternoon, and the sun shined brightly through the back windshield of the Impala, making small light dots appear in the corner of your eyes. You blinked them away and gripped the wheel a little tighter.

A large cherry pie sat in Jack's lap in the passenger seat; the two of you had been assigned the task of running to the corner grocery store and grabbing one to share between the six of you. You had originally bitched and moaned, but then realized that getting out of the bunker meant getting away from Ellie, Dean's girlfriend.

Just the thought of her made you upset.

You didn't know what her problem with you was, but she was always rude to you. The boys all told you that you were just seeing into things too much because you didn't want to share Dean with anyone, and you believed them.

I mean it made sense. You and Dean had been close since the day you were born, and you had never had to worry before about him forgetting about you, or just thinking of you as an annoying little sister. But now that she was in his life, you felt like you were becoming more distant, and it was hard.

But it did also seem like she had some sort of grudge against you, and you couldn't figure out why.

"(y/n)?" Jack asked from beside you, pulling you from your thoughts and back into the world.

"Yeah?" you asked, looking over to him.

"Are you okay? You zoned out a little bit."

"Ohh, umm yeah. I'm fine, just a little distracted I guess."

"Wanna talk about it? Sam says that talking lets people get things off their chest, and can help people feel more at ease."

You chuckled a little bit under your breathe.

"I just was thinking about Ellie. Do you think Dean's happy with her?"

"He's very happy. I can sense it everytime I walk into the room. Is this about her not liking you?"

You nodded. He sighed, lightly.

"(y/n), it's impossible to not like you, you're amazing. You're thinking too much into this."

"Jack, just hear me out-" he cut you off.

"I understand (y/n), but I think that if you opened your mind a little bit more and gave her a chance, then you'd see that she's not as bad as you think she is. Everyone deserves a chance."

"Yeah, I guess," you grumbled a little bit as you pulled over to the side of the road in front of the bunker. He was right. Just give her a chance, maybe you were being too closed-minded.

The two of you walked in through the front door, and you heard Dean cheer loudly at the sight of both of you with the pie.

"You guys are the best!!" He said running up to you and kissing you on the cheek, before grabbing the pie from Jack. You smiled at his excitement, but when you saw Ellie glaring at you, your grin fell from your face.

"I'm.. gonna run to the bathroom real quick. I'll be back in a minute," you said, finding a reason to get out of the room for a minute.

You walked into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind you. Your hands wrapped around the side of the sink and you stared at yourself in the mirror.

"Come on (y/n), open minded. You're just making her seem worse in your mind. If nothing, at least do it for Dean."

You sighed, glancing at yourself one more time, splashing some water on your face.