Chapter Four

I had a bad feeling when I woke up this morning

I had a bad feeling when I woke up this morning. Like an aching and hurting in my heart. But it wasn't love or lust. I feel that all over, not just in my heart. For Hinata. It really hurt. Like someone I loved just died. But Hinata was sitting next to me, asleep, breathing peacefully on my chest. I stroked her hair in the alley. Nobody this beautiful belongs in a place this ugly. 

Come with me, Hinata, to Heaven, where I can show you life in its entirety. Although we'd be dead. Damn you, logic! But she's already an angel.

"Hey, Hinata," I said as I shook her awake.

She yawned and stretched her arms, "Yes Naruto-kun?"

I blushed. She called me that again.

"I think something happened back at my house. I'll be back soon, okay?" I said as I covered her curvy body with this velvet  throw I bought for her birthday last year.

She threw the blanket off her. "No, I'm coming with you."

"No, Hinata, listen. I need to do this alone."

"Well do it alone with me!"

"But that defeats the point of being alone!"

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me, shocking me. Her long navy blue hair flowed gracefully behind her. Mine looked like my father, and people now began to confuse me with the Hokage. But I simply accepted it, if it meant I was not to be stabbed. But my hair was longer too. I was considering cutting it. Maybe. I kissed her back, arms moving down her back to the small of her back and back up, only to go back down again. She pulled away. "Naru, can I come?"

"Yes," was all I could say. 

***

We ran down the corridors, jumping rooftops, as fast as we could to the Uzumaki-Namikaze compound. I opened the door and ran into my old bedroom to find books and female articles of clothing and...blood. Kaori was dead.

"Mom, Dad!" I yelled. Hinata followed.

"Yes Kaori?"

"Damn it, Kushina, that's the kid that was always over back when Kaori was a kid."

"Minato, you're right! What was your name, sweetie?"

"Listen, mother, father, I felt something in my heart when I woke up this morning. So I rushed over here and found Kaori dead."

"Kaori's dead?"

"Yes, and we found kunai wounds and a gaping fist-sized hole in her heart," Hinata confirmed.

"What do you mean by 'mother, father'. We're not even related to you!"

"Then why do I look exactly like you? I. Am. Your. Son. Damn it! Get that through your skull! You neglected me the second Kaori came from your stomach. I stole the pictures as proof." I pulled out pictures of Kushina cradling me with Minato hugging me.

Kushina gasped, "Son?"

"I am your son. But I don't know you. And now that you've lost what was clearly the best thing in your life, the thing you always ingnored, me, is gone too. And mom, you're menopausal so good luck finding another Naruto!" I said sarcastically, tears welling up.

"Wait, Naruto!" Minato yelled, but I was running too fast. I ran to a tree near the outskirts. Hinata found me minutes later using Byakugan, but did not bring my supposed parents.

"Naru, are you okay?"

"No. I am not okay. I am forgotten. And that is that. But I will be remembered before my life is over. And that is that."

"Naru." Hinata snuggled up with me in the tree and fell asleep. I heard her mumbling in her sleep.

"I will be remembered with you, Naruto."