Chapter Five

He hadn't spoken since I was a child

He hadn't spoken since I was a child. Young and afraid. He hadn't spoken since that night, when he requested meat. But now he was loud and clear. I nearly fell out the tree when I heard him.

Kid. You want to be remembered.

Yes.

Why?

Because I've been treated like a piece of radioactive bullshit my entire life.

Why?

Well, because of you, more or less.

I think I can fix that. And make your...acquaintance just as strong.

But why?

Do you want to stay a radioactive piece of bullshit for your entire life?

No.

Okay then.

I travelled with Hinata to Sunagakure. There I could train with Kurama until I managed to get where I needed to be: the top. I needed to be number one in the bingo book. I need to be higher than a Kage level nin. I need to be God. That's what I'm here for, to become God.

Hinata slept on my back the last stretch of the ride.

Guards stopped us at the North Gate.

"Halt!"

"Who goes there?"

"Naruto of the Uzumaki and Namikaze Clans. And Hinata of the Hyuga Clan."

"We'll have to ask our admiral if to let you pass."

"Fine," I said firmly. I slipped Hinata off my back, and shook her awake. "Hina, we're here."

"Thank you, Naruto-kun." 

I blushed again. Damn it.

Kankuro walked from behind the main sentry. "Let them through," he said, purple face paint moving in an intricate, and odd pattern as he spoke. 

"Yes sir, Kazekage, sir!"

We walked into the Hidden Sand Village to see Gaara and ask his permission to train in his underground training grounds. We were admitted passage into his chakra concealing grounds. Because we would be releasing a lot of it.