Chapter 8

I was in the middle of a studio session trying to write some new music. I finished the song off. Then someone came into the room to inform me that my phone had rang.

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Some little kid named Angelina. I don't know if it's for you or what it was."

"I have to take it." I say quickly getting up. It has been 5 days since I gave her my number but this is the first time she has called.

I return the call. She answers straight away.

"Is it Steff now?" She asks.

"Yes baby it's me. What's happening?"

"Well dad and daddy's yelling is getting worse and I'm really scared."

"What are you scared of?" I ask.

"I'm scared that maybe they wont want to be together anymore. My friend Avery said the same thing happened to her and now her parents aren't together anymore."

"Well Ainge I hope that that doesn't happen to you. I don't think it will. At least not for a while. But if anything does happen just know that it had nothing to do with you. You did everything right."

"But I want them to be together. I love my daddy and my dad." She cries.

"Don't worry Ainge, it's probable just a minor disagreement. I'm sure nothing will happen."

"You promise." She says.

"I don't want to promise anything because I don't know what's going to happen. But I can tell you everything will be fine."

"Are you sure."
"I'm sure."

She hangs up the phone. I try to keep my phone near me as I go back into the recording studio. I repeat the song over once again and this time I get it perfect.