The Voice Inside My Head

Osamu: So I wasn't too sure about the rating but I mean it has cursing and maybe someday I'll make a lemon or something so I rated this book mature.

Pairings: Only KakaIru for this one

'Mind conversations'
"Talking"

Iruka doesn't know whether to be annoyed, happy or confused. He's mostly annoyed right now. Ever since he woke up that day he's heard a voice inside his head named Shikaru.

Iruka's POV

'So, my man, my good man, Iruka. When are you going to tell him?' Shikaru asked. I got the most dumbfounded look on my face as I sat in the missions office that morning.

'Nani?' I asked while I read through reports. 'You know, tell Kakashi you love him!' I choked on my own spit and coughed for a few moments before regaining my breath.

'NANI?!?!' I yelled in my mind. 'Well, you're really good friends with him, right? And, I mean, I could tell that you love him. When are you going to tell him?' Shikaru asked.

'.....' Yeah,  I had no response. I mean, I did have a crush on Kakashi, but to tell him??? And I'm pretty sure he's into girls.

"Are you okay, Iruka?" I snapped my head up and coughed into my fist, "Er, yes, Genma-san. I'm good." I took his report and skimmed through it before nodding to myself.

"Thank you for your service." I said but noo Genma just had to stay and lean against the desk. "Say, Iruka, you wanna go out somewhere tonight?" He gave me a wink and I mentally facepalm.

'Fuck off, you little flirt.' Shikaru growled in my head and I mentally snickered at him. I opened my mouth to respond but someone had already started talking.

"No, because he's got plans with me tonight. Isn't that right, Iruka?" I looked up to see my savior, Kakashi Hatake. 'Ooh he was getting jealous.' Shikaru cooed.

'Don't be ridiculous, Shika.' I told him before responding to Kakashi, "Yeah." Genma visibly deflated and trudged off but then ended up flirting with someone else.

I gave Kakashi a smile, "Thanks, Kakashi." He waved a hand to show it was nothing before handing me the report.

He only actually tries to do the reports right when I'm going to be at the missions desk, otherwise he just scribbles like a two-year-old for the others.

'Because he loooooves youuuuu!' I grew an irk mark and face palmed, "Shut it, Shikaru." I muttered before looking back up at Kakashi.

'Not until you ask either for him to come over and for you to go over.' Shikaru said and I opened my mouth to do just that but was cut off again.

"Hey, you wanna come over later?" He asked, "Sure." I mentally stuck my tongue out at Shikaru. So after work I walked towards Kakashi's house.

I was using the back way, the way where there's practically nobody. 'I still say he likes you.' Shikaru broke the silence. "And I still say you're insane. Stop saying such stupid stuff like that." I growled.

'No! Because it's true!' "Oh yeah?! And who told you that! Why are you trying to hook us up anyways, Shikaru?"

'Just listen to me.' "Yeah, that's sort of hard to believe since you're a voice in my head." 'And I'm REAL!' "Yeah, sure, you think that. Whatever gets you to shut up and stop bugging my personal life."

'You need to take risks. You're boring!' I narrowed my eyes. Who said I'm boring? I'm not boring! And I take risks! "Am not! Who told you I'm boring? A-And I do take risks! That's how I got this scar on my nose!" I crossed my arms and harrumphed.