Broken Promises

Pairings: KakaIru, you should really pay attention to book titles, ya know

Kakashi hated promises. He knew from experience that promises could be broken easily. He remembered a few promises broken.

I promise I'll never leave you. Then they left.

I promise I'll always be with you. Then they were gone.

I promise it'll get better. But it never did.

And when he had watched his lover get ready for a mission, he couldn't help the nagging feeling that something was wrong in his chest. His lover turned around and smiled at him reassuringly.

Then he promised.

I promise I'll come back alive.

And as Kakashi stood in front of the tombstone, staring at a certain name that just seemed to be glaring at him, he remembered his promise.

I promise I'll come back alive. He looked down at his student who was sobbing and crying out for his adopted father to come back.

Kakashi wrapped his arms around him and pulled him into his chest, barely holding himself together. He could faintly hear Naruto whispering questions to him.

"Why? Why him? He wasn't supposed to....why....?" And all he could do was tighten his arms around him and hold in tears.

One week later and Hatake Kakashi was dead, leaving exactly like his father once did before him. Suicide.

All because Umino Iruka was dead, killed in action.

/\/\/\/\END/\/\/\/\

Osamu: Amber, are you crying?

Amber: *Sniffle* NO!

Osamu: Alright, well, I hope you guys liked this! I saw a quote about broken promises (don't remember what it was) and thought of this!

Amber: SCREW YOU OSAMU! I JUST WASTED 50$ ON TISSUES!

Osamu: Ahaha well anyways....

Vote!

Follow!

Comment!