Ruka

Pairings: KakaIru~

(Iruka's dog form is basically just a German shepherd but. Super small. He has the same scars as his human form)

Iruka's POV

Ever since I was a kid I could turn into a dog. When I was younger I was a small, cute puppy that loved to wreck havac in the house and break stuff.

Then I'd turn back into a human and when my parents asked where the dog went, I'd lie and say that he escaped. It was amusing and fun.

I could slip into smaller places to do pranks, or get revenge on someone who wronged me. I'd always try and get snacks and treats from other people, so I was never hungry.

I had a few awkward meetings with dogs, though. I figured out I could talk to them, also, whether in human or dog form.

I haven't let anyone know that I could turn into a dog, because that would sort of ruin the fun, wouldn't it? Now that I'm older I don't do pranks anymore, but I do walk around and get food.

What? It saves money! What I think is funny is the fact that they named my dog form Ruka. I shook my head as I walked down the street as Ruka.

Some people called out my name or gave me some pats on the head but mostly let me roam around. I sniffed the air and smelt a whole pack of dogs.

My tail started wagging and I dashed forward, maneuvering between people and carts before I was running through the woods.

I burst through some bushes and tumbled a few feet before skidding to a stop. Ow.... how can I still be clumsy when I've been a dog for years on and off?

I turned my head up when I heard laughing. Those dogs were laughing! I growled and marched forward, "Hey! Don't laugh at me! Jerks!" I barked.

It took me a few moments to realize they were ninken, and that Kakashi Hatake was sitting down against a tree. Huh. He's not reading his book for once.

The small pug walked forward, "Sorry 'bout that. I'm Pakkun." He drawled and I turned when I saw Kakashi walking over.

"You're that street dog everyone named Ruka, aren't you?" He asked and I nodded, sitting down. He gave me a closed-eye smile and scratched behind my ear.

My tail wagged happily and my leg thumped against the ground. Kakashi sure knows where to scratch, and he's good at it!

Perks to owning a pack of dogs, I guess. "Well, we were about to play a game of fetch, you want to join?" He asked and I nodded after a few moments.

It couldn't hurt. Plus, I've played it before as a puppy and it was fun. So that's how I spent my day. Playing fetch with Kakashi and his ninken.

I was happy. It was really nice to be a dog at times. For weeks I would come back to this clearing and we would play games like tag, hide n seek, fetch, etc.

Eventually Kakashi asked if I would like to be trained to become a ninken and I was ecstatic. I could finally defend myself better in this form now!

I had been hurt by people and other animals at times and learned I was weak. But Kakashi and his ninken helped me with that.

I worried about them finding out I wasn't a dog and treating me differently or not letting me play or train with them anymore.

One day after playing we all laid down with Kakashi and just napped. I had curled up into a ball on his stomach and he had rested a hand on my back.

I tried to stay awake but eventually let sleep consume me. I hadn't been getting much sleep the past week because of the Academy, after all.

::

I slowly opened my eyes and was alarmed to find myself in a room. I jumped up and looked around frantically.

Where am I? What happened? I examined the room and saw that I was in a small room with tan walls and a gray carpet. There was a desk in the corner with an office chair behind it, papers neatly stacked on top of the smooth wood.

There was a bookshelf in the other corner that had a lot of brightly colored books on it. There was one big window but it was covered by thick black curtains.

Last I remember I was with Kakashi and I fell asleep. Oh, Kakashi must've taken me home. But why? And where is he?

I looked at the door and walked towards it, pushing against it. I looked up at the doorknob and saw how far away it was.

How was I supposed to open it? I was a dog. But what if I.... No! I can't turn into a human, what if Kakashi sees me!

And what's worse is that after I change back I don't have any clothes on, which is embarrassing. I started scratching and barking at the door, hoping Kakashi would hear me and let me out.

After awhile I stopped and just curled into a ball at the door, closing my eyes and whimpering. I just wanted to go home.

/\/\/\/\END/\/\/\/\

The next part was gonna be a lemon but I can't seem to finish it so never mind :/

Vote!

Follow!

Comment!