BACK FROM THE DEAD

#NAOMI'S POV#

I sit. And sit. And . . . . . . sit. :( My mind is bubbled with overexposure. The harder I think the more it makes no sense! It just makes me more perplexed and worried for my life. I can't move. I’m tied to the bed by my wrists and ankles, tight knotted. However the rope is set loose between body and post so it gives me enough leeway so I have room to sit. Where are my friends? The door opens. A guy about five foot nine (a little taller than me) with dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, loose black clothes hanging off a nicely built body and dark eye bags stands before me.

“Heath?” I gasp utterly traumatized.

“It’s me” he smiled.

I looked down, blaming myself for being such an idiot. “No, no, no. It’s not you, you’re dead. You killed yourself by jumping off a cliff and drowned. This is all just a delusion, that’s all this is.” I in haste talked trying to convince myself. What was wrong with me?

“That’s what they thought happened to me. But on my way to death I was saved. A woman found me and saw how unhappy I’d been. They can sense it, you know? She took me here.”

“And where is here?!” I demanded to know.

“The best place in the world.” He shook his head, a strange tone is his voice. He wasn't helping. I had been lured, catched, stolen, unconcious, kidnapped, choked then uncooncious again, now tied to a bed. I wasn't in the mood for slow talk. I cut to the chase.

“Which is?!?? And I swear if you say Atlantis-“ I warned.

“No” the idea provoked a little titter. “You’re at Iktribia.” I didn't realize until then he was getting closer to me. He was right up to me now. “And now we can be together.” He leaned down implanting a tender kiss on my lips. My eyes never left his, not even when his was shut. 

“Untie me” I said.

“I can’t” Heath apologised.

WHAT DOES HE MEAN HE CAN’T!

He followed on, explaining. “The elders forbid it . . . they choose the timing.” He apologetically explains.

Elders? Then a sudden horrific thought ran through my brain. One I didn't want to believe but i had to ask. “Were you the one who strangled me?”

He sighed, looking down then back up on me. “If I didn’t worse would have happened to you. People here show tremendous hospitality and are very kind but..." he took a minute to continue, "if you get on their bad side, you’re not going to stand a chance.”

I could feel myself start to huff inside, my eyes were getting watery. I was frightened for my life, my friends and didn't understand anything happening around me. I couldn’t stand it any longer and finally began to cry. Salty water leaked from my eyes. With each tear falling it would float up and disperse into the other water as if it had never been a tear. Heath didn’t seem to mind by the next question he asked me.

 “I have to know Naomi, do you still love me?” he asked. I didn’t know the answer. He had been my boyfriend while he commit suicide. I couldn't mourn him in another boys chest. I did once have strong emotioin for him but he was dead and i was probably delusional.

 “You strangled me” I cried.

“If I didn’t, who knows, they might have killed you! I was trying to -!” he suddenly stopped yelling; he must have realized he was shouting at me. He bent down to my eye level and touched my hand. I flinched. He felt real. He glanced at the clock and back at me, “I have to go.”

“No, please don’t leave me. I’m scared.” I begged.

“I’ll be back tomorrow.” He reassures me.

“But what if I have to –“ he already had guessed.

He smiled. “You can’t in this place. Look, I know you’re scared but this is a magical and fantastic place, you’ll see.” He’s speaking crazy, he’s nuts! Maybe i am? I need out of here.

-He left me here tied up, clueless and barely anything to go on.

What would happen to me?

Who that blue guy was?

Just expecting everything to be happy and dandy?!

I hope Amelia is alright, I hope Daniel is too. What if they’re not safe? I panicked, all my nerves tightening up. I tried to distract myself from the thought by thinking of something else and surprisingly it worked. All I could really think about was Heath. It all seemed too real, his face, his touch, his seductive but yet threatening voice. Just like how he was when he was alive. I hoped I wasn’t going crazy, that I hadn’t started seeing things. Maybe I had got killed by a sea creature or stayed in the deep too long and died . . . maybe this was heaven? . . . Then again that doesn’t explain the blue guy, does it? It’s just all too uncanny.

Laying down all I could do is stare at the room and think about the events that had just happened, replaying them in my head. Piece by piece. If this was my brains way of getting over Heath and rejuvenating after his suicide, dreaming really wasn’t my best. Focusing on the walls they looked old, really old, mostly with the white paint scraping off it. Underneath that was some grey substance?

There was a clock, opposite side to me hanging on the wall. Just a normal clock, dotted, lined, and arrowed. But this only made more questions, how could clocks work under water? And when both Heath and the blue guy were in here their hair didn’t seem to do that floating thing that hair does underwater in the regular world, neither does mine. This only frustrated me more. Had the laws of gravity faded here? What’s going on?!? Beside all those questions the biggest thing that puzzled me was Heath, I just couldn’t process this...

Heath was always a nice guy at heart. But he had problems. More than the regular folk. That was when he was alive, that is. He never smiled much or laughed. I guess you could say he was pretty passive. I guess the worse thing about our relationship was he got quick to get jealous. If he assumed something about a guy liking me he would bash him up. Shooting first, asking questions later... I had found out he had done it twice without me knowing. That's when i said it was over but he drawed me back in talking about how much he needed me and loved me and I took him back.

Schooling was no different, really. Just more issues. His grades were D’s and E’s which i never got because he wasn't stupid but really it was just an act of lacking to try, honestly. He just didn't possess concern or care to life or the consequences to all his actions. It didn't take long to observe his biggest trait was apathy. He didn’t care about much but I know he could have done far better at school and most things if he put a little effort into it. For instance, if he didn’t always urge the teachers and class mates to a fight. I think something in him liked provoking people, which seemed weird because he was always provoked so easily just the same.

My friends didn’t like him and to be honest thought he was a creep. The type to stalk around, keep to himself, exchanging death looks most of the time. I hated them saying that. That’s not how I thought of him, he most definitely had a brain and he had a heart but that didn’t stop the fact that sometimes, a lot of the time he scared me with his talk and threats. One of my older friends i had lost touch with a year ago use to joke around and sayour relationship was written and based on the song Bad Romance (Jared Leto version.)

His parents and him didn’t exactly bond well either. He didn't have many stable relationships but no matter what he had done to me or others in the past I needed him. I needed someone I knew in this place before I finally broke into insanity. I needed to know one thing that is or at least once was real.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3!

Comment, vote and follow!

Hope you liked it!