ESCAPE

Wrapping her arms around his neck, her lips parted, moving in quickly, as their lips collided in a long and passionate kiss. With her eyes shut, the warmth of their bodies battered together. Something old about it felt right or maybe just known? Withdrawing, almost forgetting the plan she suddenly ran off out the door and sprinted down the hallway!

#NAOMI'S POV#

I left running out the door, to find myself sprinting for an exit in this anachronistic-looking place. With my wavy hair flickering from running, my breath began to quicken by the thoughts racing through my head of what could happen. It was a long and thin hallway with worn-out wooden doors to the side, every twenty feet. Surprisingly enough, not seeing a soul. Why was I the only one outside of their room? I didn't ponder on it.

I just kept running. The floor was hard on my feet and made out of stone I guessed. The walls around me were detailed in strange carvings of unknown sea symbols and rare unnatural what looked like shells that I had never seen before, dug into the walls for popping out images. White candles were on the other side, wax dripping from them. I supposed candles were used for night when it was dark. I didn’t take much notice to the details; too busy trying to get away. 

I didn’t know where I was going or what destination I would end up at but soon enough I came to a full stop. There was a little bridge to my hallway level that linked to a curving staircase. I without thought entered. Looking up I saw more bridges linking from every level. Looking down I saw further.I didn't have time to waste. Speedily stepping down the stairs almost tripping at one point, i looked from the edge of the inside staircase. It was circled in a continuous spiral line like a type of shell that was on my necklace. Then i realized. The staircase was created and made like a nautilus shell. I hurried my paste, as fast as I could move without tripping.

Finally, reaching to the bottom floor my feet felt a new type of floor. Smoother. Softer. This place was more open I noticed as I walked trying to act normal in an empty place if I saw one. But I could feel the expressions on my face pulling down in apprehension without my consent. Forcing a U smile, pulling my cheeks up, I wasn’t aware my eyebrows were low giving off a suspicious scent. Then BOOM! Out of nowhere I bumped into a portly sized blue man holding a pipe through his lips that didn’t seem to work. Being too large for his top it laid onto his round belly with white hairs showing on his stomach. He glared down at me with white skin-squiggles only on the right side of his face. Jumping back in fright, I screamed and ran off! My heart raced to a faster beat. Turning back in thought and fright, to see if he was chasing me I saw the man looking back at me confusingly? You could say, weirded out. Huh? Turning back, to make sure I wouldn’t crash into anything and get knocked out again; I knew there was nothing in front of me but who knows what could happen in this place!

From a short distance in the middle of the wall I saw a door. A door!!! I almost crashed into it from speed. Using both hands, I slammed open the bifold. I was amazed by what I opened to. Endless blue came from miles. My eyes shot up wide. I lost my breathe, having to take a step back. Fish and other sea creatures swam freely with no longer floors but sand. Like that was the floor? Creatures of pale blues and greens, looking almost like me walked pass naturally against the sand, care-free smiles. The rare human coloured person strolling pass on the sand now and then, giving me a glance.

Un- paralyzing myself, I turned my head to some abnormally huge rocks up ahead. I started to run to them to hide!

Finally making it outside, in the big blue, I dashed a look. There were tall stone made buildings scattered around the area that seemed to go to the highest of eight levels. Running to the rocks, I quickly kneeled down in the grains, hiding behind them. Taking an instant look, I watched at my surroundings extra sapient. For the first time I could actually consciously believe I was in the sea herself. This lasted too long. I would have awoken by now, it was no dream! No grief process! And I KNOW I’m not mad!

Everything was like under the sea, as if I was still scuba diving! But how long ago was that? Not much looked man-made. Not much looked of natural formation. I had to be crazy: I’m SURROUNDED BY MONSTERS WITH GILLS!!! Had I finally lost my mind from Heath's suicide? My hair fell on my face, covering my eyes, from continuously twisting my head watching all the sea people smile and grin and gleam. Why were they so happy? Not one was frowning. It was almost as if they were too happy. Hiding behind the rocks I found a narrow path instead of ordinary sand that got smaller in the distance. No one was in that distance. It had to be the exit.

Not looking back, I ran to the path not daring to see if anyone was watching. And I didn’t stop. No adrenaline went through my body, just the power of my legs I forced to keep moving. Being tied down for so long didn’t seem to help either with all the muscles I was stretching. Hearing nothing but the thumping of my feet hitting the grey hard path I felt something cut my skin. Pausing only allowing myself for a second, I lifted my foot up to see a sharp pointed grey rock stuck in my foot from what I didn't take notice of whilst I was running. My eyes squinted, pulling out the small rock. Staring at my foot there was left a small cut. I examined the bloody slowly sway up in the water soon arising above me. The blood circled and soon departed in what was only empty blue; almost like it was the sky of the sea. I continued to run.

Furthering on, I’m sure of it now – this is the path, the one that leads back home. I can just feel it! Like the saying ‘I can feel it in my bones.’ When you’re sure of something without any evidence, this was it. Wasn't it? Beginning to slow to a jog I soon walk to a stop. Squinting. I can see something speeding towards my way far faster than I can motion. I squint harder, trying to make it out....

It speeds faster, I can only just gather up the figure, bending my top body closer like an old granny. IT WAS ANOTHER MONSTER! NO! Trouble quickly doubled! IT WAS TWO OF THEM! I instantly turned, running back at full paste. Moving my legs as fast as I could I couldn’t seem to move fast enough in comparison. Looking back as I ran only made me more scared and slower, seeing them not run but swim rapidly at me!! They were some sort of guards or something? Or at least that’s what they’re shouting at me and to “Stop!” I didn't.

My feet keep going hastily until one captures me by the arm. I twist, push, heave and shove him off, in an attempt to get away. Another rapidly speeds in front of me within only a few seconds.

I have no idea on how to fight!! I've never needed to! He starts ordering me to calm down and that they’ll have to escort me back with or without force and check out who I am! They didn't already know? Why was i here?!!

Pushing my arm back I muster all the adrenaline I have left in me to throw the hardest punch I can, hitting him in the jaw. I hear a crunch! The other, a woman, quickly before I can move puts my arms in a body lock. I squirm and fight struggling but am unable to get out. The other (guard?) starts marching up to me provoked now with an angry look spread upon his furious face. He’s going to hurt me. I know it. Suddenly, overexposure hits me, not being able to take anymore. My skin crawled with a weird and weakening feeling through my body like I had to tense up or something bad would happen. In only the last second I realized what was happening. Everything went black – I fainted.

Slowly opening my eyelids, I saw two blurred-out faces and my feet dragging on the sand with somebody clasping me up. Rocking my body I can feel the skirt of my dress sway, softly hitting on and off my legs. Everythings dizzy. Feeling extremely heavy, I’m unable to keep my balance. Where am I? Suddenly I’m dropped onto the floor with my head hitting hard. My half closed eyes stay shut this time. 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6!

Comment, vote and follow!

Hope you liked it!