THE TICKING CLOCK

She sat there with nothing to watch but the ticking clock.

Tick…tock

Tick….tock

Tick…..tock

Tick……tock

Tick…….tock

Tick……..tock

Tick………tock

Tick……….tock

Tick………..tock

Tick…….…..tock

Every second was feeling longer than the last.

The blue one came in.

“I brang a chair” he said, sitting it on the floor, and then sitting. This got rid of the painfully dull seconds but she still didn’t trust him.

“When do I get out of here” she twisted her hands in the rope, wriggling her fingers.

“When the elders decide you’re ready. They have made it my responsibility to take care of you, blah blah blah, et cetera, et cetera, it’s really quite boring but I can keep going?”

“And if I don’t like it here, will you release me?” Naomi asked.

“Well to be honest I don’t know what the next step is because no one has ever said no after spending a little time here.”

“Really?” she said in doubt. He nodded. Liar: she thought.

He continued. “They’ll probably allow you to come out soon” he tried to comfort her. “Just take a few days to calm down, maybe a week or two –“

“WHAT?!”

“I don’t make the rules. You’ve been screaming and banging and the elders can only tolerate so much when they’re trying to help you.”

“Help me? What twisted fantasies do you lot have locked up in your head? I was happy where I was.” She yelled, furious.

“Well obviously you weren’t if they dragged you down here. The catchers that have that job can sense your emotions whether it’s anger or regret or emptiness or just plain sad. Those are the ones they take, none other.”

Naomi looked away in frustration. STUPID FEELINGS: she thought to herself. Looking at the clock it was 3:15 in the afternoon. She stared in confusion– but it was only two o’clock one minute ago...?

 “But that doesn’t make sense, it was only two o’clock a minute ago” she told her new lively guard.

“Oh, I forgot to mention the time difference. It’s a lot different than being on dry land. The time speeds when you’re entertained, minutes are like hours.”

“I got to get out of here” she said feeling more desperate than a minute ago.

“See, that is the exact talk that’s going to do the opposite. Just have fun. Relax and maybe they might let you out sooner.”   He said.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4!

Comment, vote and follow!

Hope you liked it!