Closer

~TIME SKKKIIIPPPPP to like a few weeks of them being friends :3~
Winter's POV
I woke up, ate breakfast, went to art, music, and lunch, now it's free period. This is basically what I used to do, this is what I do now:  someone attacking me to wake me up, had a competition on who could eat 5 sheep faster, I "accidentally" spilled paint all over his talons and head/he dumped glitter all over me for payback, he almost broke the drums while I basically blew up a piano, chased down rabbits/ran into him knocking him over/laughed on the floor of the cafeteria; not caring what anyone thought. Now we were just talking about random stuff during our free period. He was hanging his head upside-down off the side of his bed and looking at me, while I was perched on the edge of my ice ledge. We were currently talking about our third clawmate. "I've never seen them before, you?" He asked me, still upside down. "Yeah, once. But I think she left or something." "Her name?" "Uhh... Sora, I think.." he nodded and sat up. Then he curled his tail around his talons and folded  his wings to his back. "Isn't she like.. Clay's sister or something?" "Dunno. I never talk to that Mudwing." He smiled at me devilishly, but before I could ask what he was doing, the gong was struck three times. "Race ya!" He yelled and took off down the corridor. "Hey I wasn't ready!!" I screamed back to him. I then soared off my ledge, scraping my claws on the stone to pick up speed. We were headed to Math, it was across the school from where we had just been. I stuck my wing out, he tripped, and I got the lead. "Cheater!" I heard him yell before I saw something out of the corner of my eye.. he used a wall scone for leverage, then flung himself forward. He hurled himself over me, landed in front, ran backwards for a second to stick his black tongue out at me, then turned around and sprinted the other way. I growled a little under my breath, but this is definatly the best way to get to any class. We saw the class up ahead. He skidded to a stop just barely inside the cave, but I didn't react quick enough. I slammed right into his back and we both rolled across the cave. I landed on my back, he landed on his stomach, on top of me. His wings flopped to either side of us, and I thought he was unconscious until he moved. I was blushing violently, but i couldnt tell if he was too. He lifted his head, looked me in the eye and smiled... genuinely happy.....? "I won."

Qibli's POV
Shit. I landed on top of him. He didn't move. There wasn't anyone in the cave yet, though. What do I do?!? KEEP UP YOUR SASSY IMAGE! I looked up at him, meeting his cold, dark eyes with my bright, sunny ones. "I won." I stated. He just looked at me with a bewildered look before I climbed off of him. I strutted triumphantly to my seat and sat down, looking over my shoulder to see if he had gotten up yet. He was just behind me and- despite what I had just done to fluster him- sat beside me. He was seemingly lost in thought.

Winter's POV
Do I...?

NO!!! YOU DONT!! DON'T EVEN THINK IT!!

But I think I might have-

DON'T FINISH THAT THOUGHT!

But... I might...

FIRST OFF, YOUR NOT GAY. SECOND, DO YOU REALLY WANNA BE AN EVEN BIGGER DISAPPOINTMENT THAN YOU ALREADY ARE? AND FINALLY, HE WON'T LIKE YOU BACK SO DON'T GET YOUR STUPID HOPES UP!!!

SHUT UP!!! I DO LIKE HIM!! I've already tried my hardest, for weeks on end, to tell myself I don't like him; but to no avail. He's too... interesting, and... adorable! And I know I'm already a huge disappointment to my family and my tribe, so what will one more little detail have on my reputation anyways?

'Wow. You're even less of an icewing than I thought. I'm embarrassed to call you my son, let alone, a royal dragonet.' I heard my mother's voice scold. I winced at this thought. No. I like him and that's it. No more mental debates, no more paranoia, no more made-up speeches by my mother, No. More. Denial.

Whew. It feels good to finally take that burden off of me.

Qibli's POV
The teacher walked in and we had a normal class period. 'Normal' as in, talking the entire time, not listening to a word the teacher said, and hanging out with my best friend/love interest. He won't ever reciprocate those feelings, but I can't help but have them anyways. It's a bit aggravating...... really aggravating. He turned to me and whispered in my ear: "Wanna leave this boring class?" I was a bit startled, but something about the way he said it made me really flustered. I nodded, not trusting how quiet I could be in that exact moment. He smiled at me, not devilish, not 'i'm planning something horrible', just, happy. "Act sick." He whispered, and I nodded again. He stood up, twined his tail around mine, then yelled: "THREE MOONS!!" Then sprinted out of the room, me trailing close behind, acting like I was gonna throw up. The teacher glared at us but continued to lecture the remaining students, rolling her eyes. "Well that was a bit too easy." I said once we were out of earshot. "Psh! I know right! I dont think they were taught how to keep dragonets from skipping." His tail was still tight around mine, holding it protectively. It seemed as though it was subconscious, as he has not yet realized he was doing it. I smiled at this thought. I think he noticed, because his entire face went a deep blue and he released my tail. I couldn't help but feel a bit of sadness following this action. Besides flustered, he seemed to feel the same, so, me being the stupid neieve little dragonet I am, I twined our tails back together, just to see what he would do about it. To my surprise, he actually didn't move his tail away, he just blushed a darker shade of blue and looked the opposite direction, hoping I wouldn't notice. We walked to our sleeping cave in silence, and laid down on our ledges. We spent the rest of the night talking and laughing with each other; his blush never disappearing.