Back Home

A/N
I'm sorry I left this story for literal eternities! But I think I'm gonna start working on it again since I've gotten so many comments asking for updates... I'm just so shook that you guys like this book, it's sooooo bad And oh my lord over 2K reads?!?!? Like duude that's insane!!! Thank you guys so much, and I hope you enjoy this update- however late it may be!!
(Also I'm sorry for the sudden format change, I started typing like this on my other books (not on wattpad) and I don't feel like fixing all the old chapters yet, I will later though, kk)

Neutral (Qibli)

          Qibli couldn't believe how much better school was with Winter around. Honestly, he had no idea that Winter had such an impact on his mood- not to mention the overall learning experience. But he was definitely still pissed about him leaving without so much as a "goodbye". He would have even taken an "I'm leaving now, see you in a few months Qibli!" Though, that may have gotten him punched. 

          "You almost missed your deadline, Qibli." Tsunami greeted, as he walked into their first class of the day.

          "I know, but look who I found!" He motioned towards the doorway while Winter walked in behind him.

          "WINTER!!" She yelped, hugging the Icewing. Though he seemed uncomfortable, he hugged the dragon back. Tsunami dragged them over to her seat, making them sit on the floor before her. Since no one else was in the classroom at the moment, she demanded that they tell her every single detail of their travel. Qibli told most of the story, Winter only chiming in to fix small errors about how he was 'totally calm the whole time' and 'definitely didn't wish they're hug lasted longer'.

          "Sounds like you two came a long way."

          "Uhhh I mean.. Yeah the ice kingdom was pretty far away..." Qibli replied a little uncertainly, looking at Winter in bewilderment, but he just shrugged.

          "Well duh, but I meant in your relationship!!" When the two dragonets gave her matching and unwavering looks of utter confusion, she decided to continue. "You two work well together, and I hope you stay this close for a long time." She mumbled an extra, 'even if you deny the obvious' under her breath, but the boys didn't seem to notice.

          "Right, right." Winter concluded before Qibli could continue the conversation, looking wearily at the door where a small group of dragonets trickled in, all of them looking overworked and completely exhausted. "Shouldn't you start class?" Tsunami rolled her eyes at him, quite aware that the Icewing had caught on to what she was hinting at, but she couldn't say the same for Qibli. For an incredibly bright dragon, he was very oblivious.

           "Alright, take your seats! And quit complaining, it's not my fault that you stayed up all night doing God knows what!!" Tsunami yelled at the group, receiving irritated groans and yawns. Winter stood up and moved over to his seat, aware of his friend's position just beside his tail by the slightly warmer temperature. Once they were both seated and their teacher began lecturing about how important sleep was, the two started their own conversation. They could only get about two minutes of talking in before Tsunami snapped at them. "Oh I'm sorry am I boring you?"

          "Not at all." Winter replied indignantly, smiling at the irritated teacher.

          "Just because you've been gone for a while doesn't mean you can sass me, mister." She retorted, tapping a talon on the ground impatiently while all the other dragonets watched, intrigued. Qibli nudged Winter in the side softly, giving him a look that said 'Don't get us detention on your first day back, kay?' And yes, Qibli's could tell you a story just by looking at you a certain way. It was quite endearing...

          "Yes ma'am.." He replied reluctantly, avoiding her eyes and sounding obviously insincere, but she would take what she could get.

          "Alright class, so..." Tsunami explained something, but Winter didn't listen, and once everyone started talking- half to each other in boredom, and the other to the teacher in an attempt to participate in the activity- he resumed the conversation with his best friend.         

          "I'm positive I can catch more sheep than you, buzzard brain."

          "In your dreams!" Qibli remarked, laughing at the outrageous accusation. Obviously sandwings are superior in this situation, like most others. Qibli thought. Oh no... his narcissistic nature is rubbing off on me...  

Winter

          I can tell Qibli's mood has shifted.. But I can't seem to put my talon on why just yet. He seems much- Happier? Is that the right word for it? I don't know, maybe he's just in a good mood today. What do I know.

          "In your dreams!" He laughed, probably at how stupid the bet was. Of course Winter would win, but Qibli is thinking the same thing.

          "I'm glad I made an impression on you. You're acting more like me every day!" I say, smirking at him as he frowns and shakes his head feverishly. The class ended, saving the sandwing from this argument, but there would be plenty where that came from. And he knows Qibli looks forward to it.